cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with I_EAI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing an issue where I_EAI is getting populated incorrectly.

Event handler got created successfully. Then post few event messages with different event count number in a single call.

1. In the first event message rule, update few system parameters from event message extension table using HDR_EXT_VALUE_UPDATE.

2. In the second event perform some activity by comparing a system parameter  i.e updated in step 1.

The system parameters those got updated in step 1 are not showing correctly while fetching the data of i_eai during step 2.

Its still showing up the EVM_HDR_EXT-YN_ for those system parameters which got updated through step 1 .

Basically Its the metadata that is used to update the system parameter during step 1 (field value part of HDR_EXT_VALUE_UPDATE )

May I know , how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Ratnakar Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

n_soni
Participant
0 Kudos

Ratnakar,

Please explain which business transaction & AOT you are referring for your scenario. That might help to understand.

Debug activity HDR_EXT_VALUE_UPDATE ( method - ACT_UPDATE_HDR_EXTENTION) if that is populating your EVM Header extension table properly for component -  'EVM_HDR_EXT' in I_EAI.

I also see highlighted portion in screenshot has field length defined as c(15). Check if that is cutting off value you are expecting. In that case you might want to check your EVM header ext table definition for specific field.

If required create custom method ZACT_UPDATE_HDR_EXTENSION & build your own logic by copying std code, that's what we have done.

We are on EM 7.01 & have not any problem with this std activity.

Regards,

NRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Previously, It was working fine.. But now.. Its causing some issue.

Explaining the scenario in bit detail.

During step 1:

In the first event message rule, update few system parameters from event message extension table using HDR_EXT_VALUE_UPDATE.

I have tried with PARAMETER_CHANGE_NEW and encountered the same issue.

Lets say

Z_INDICATOR field is available in event message extension table and event handler extension table.

Event message extension table  got updated to X through event message posting.

Now in the rules -->activity parameters... updating the system table from event message extension table..

field name : Z_INDICATOR

field vale : <EVM_HDR_EXT-Z_INDICATOR>

Event Handler extension table got updated successfully.

During step 2:

fetching the value of system parameter Z_INDICATOR using metadata <EH_HDR_EXT-Z_INDICATOR>..

It should fetch X, but instead it is fetching part of  EVM_HDR_EXT-Z_INDICATOR depending upon length of the field Z_INDICATOR  maintained in the database.

So  ext_table_line of my_data_access-->eh_model()-->my_data is not getting updated successfully after step 1.

Is there any commit problem you have ever encountered?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

i think you are mixing up EH and Event Message Extension:

If you want to create Event Message Header Extension you must send TRACKPARAMETERS structure without Parameter Type and the data is stored per Event Message.

If you want to change EH Extension you must send TRACKPARAMETERS with Parameter Type S and use the PARAMTER_CHANGE_NEW activity.

It makes no sense from the concept to update EH Extension from EVM Extension.

The one belongs to EH and the other only to one single Event Message.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

You are correct.. but the design was done much earlier..

Can you suggest, how my_eh_access->my_data-hdr_ext-ext_table_line  gets populated  for any activity during rule execution.

If we are updating some system parameter in the rule activity, will it get changed for subsequent activity or not ?

Regards,

Ratnakar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

yes it should be updated.

If you look in method ACT_CHANGE_PARAM_NEW in class /SAPTRX/CL_EH_EVENT_MSG_MODEL.

i_eai-eh_model->update_hdr_ext_line(
                               i_hdr_ext_line = lv_hdr_ext_line ).

Inside my_eh_access->my_data-hdr_ext-ext_table_line is updated with current values. And the next rule activity should get these values.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's not working yet, can you post your screen shot config of the activities?

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I observed that metadata is not getting populated correctly only for those event messages for which there is an entry in event message extension table.

Furthermore, In the metadata, only those system parameters (event handler header extension fields ) are not getting properly populated which are getting updated at a later time from event message extension table.

It seems to me.. some kind of commit issue..

Subsequent activity is not fetching updated value of previous activities.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Why are you using HDR_EXT_VALUE_UPDATE to update system parameters instead  of PARAMETER_CHANGE_NEW? Change your config to PARAMETER_CHANGE_NEW and try it out. If still not working then check your EH Type config and see if you have loading system parameters flag check or not ( not sure as I haven't checked it ).

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Replying on the above post.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain this part where to check.

If still not working then check your EH Type config and see if you have loading system parameters flag check or not ( not sure as I haven't checked it ).

Regards,

ratnakar

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it a new feature recently introduced in new version of EM.

We are currently using 9.0 and I cant see it in eh type.

Is there any oss note to implement the same ?

Regards.

Ratnakar

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is this note:

1972632 - Unnecessary retrieval of event handler data when processing event messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue exists in the core system and observed during simulation mode.

SAP has released oss note 2338616  to resolve the issue.

Thanks all for your help and assistance

Regards,

Ratnakar