cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicated attributes in CDM to LDM generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought this was a problem with generating the PDM from the LDM, but when I looked back the replicated attributes were actually introduced during the CDM to LDM generation.

So, my question is if I have attributes in a super type entity in a CDM, how to I prevent them from being replicated in all the subtypes when I generate the LDM? 

I'm in PowerDesginer 16.5.4.3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jane

If your CDM doesn't use Barker notation, you can set the rule for inheriting attributes on the Generation tab of the Inheritance object, to "inherit only primary attributes". The inheritance generated in the LDM will have the same rule selected. You can see this rule in a list of inheritances - filter the list to show the 'Inherit All' property.

If your CDM DOES use Barker notation, then you have three choices

• make the alteration in the LDM after you generate it
  • use a simple model transformation, which would set the required value in generated LDM inheritances in memory, before it hands over the new LDM to you
  • use a script to change all inheritances in a model - you could add a custom LDM check to run the script for you as an autofix

The default value for this rule is probably in the registry somewhere, so it might be possible to change the default value using a user profile.