cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am sorry I am very new to this.  So I am working with multiple address types and I am trying to this report to one address about another address.

I have created a formula to get "business" address to appear with an If statement formula.

If(address type="business", address, "")

I than get a great idea and use select expert to filter only the "billing" address which I have the address at the top correct and than I don't get multiple reports for same tenant but than puts in a blank line where I put the formula.

So is there a formula I would have to do to grab only the billing addresses or can I override my section that I have a formula?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the if formula if there is a way to force legal & lease address while using conditional formatting to sort by Business address.  I would past items into here but it doesn't allow that. I think that would work but can't figure that out ahhhh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar, although when I did that it got rid of both addresses and didn't work like i would hope. This is what I decided to do but still doesn't work. 

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the selection formula, you'd add something like this:

{Tenant_Address_Type} = 'Legal & Lease'

This will only return records where the address type = Legal and lease.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we are getting closer!  The address block worked like a charm thanks.  I would show more pictures but crystal is crashing on me right now.  So this is what I got.  If I put in that section formula than it only gives me the legal & lease address but if I add Business address to it like pictured below it gives me no address.  The other picture is how I have it set up in design mode in a text box.....

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume the first picture is of the Selection Formula.

It needs to be changed to:

{Tenant_Address_Type} IN ["Business", "Legal & Lease"]

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that this is the results.  Gives one or the other not both....

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What section is this text field on?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Details

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

If you only need billing addresses for address type = 'business', you can modify the selection formula to look like this:

{address type} = 'business'

AND

{billing address type} = 'billing'

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So are you saying to use that in a formula and to get rid of the select expert?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion is to use the Record Selection Formula.

Go to the Report menu > Selection Formulas > Records.

This is where you add your filters (or when you use the Select Expert, CR converts it to a code and places it here).

-Abhilash