cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning calendar in APO different from factory calendar in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The factory calendar in ecc is 7 working days while in the APO the planning calendar is 6 working days. Will this cause any mismatch during planning in APO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dapo,

I would strongly recommend to align the used/assigned calendars between SCM and ECC as touch based by already.

regards Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dapo,

Pretty vague question.  The general answer is yes, it will cause mismatch.  Whether or not this inconsistency affects the business requirements for YOUR solution is dependent on what solution you have chosen, and the business purposes for which you created your calendars.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thanks for the response by shedding more light on my question. Let me just explain some few areas to you . We run a production company which runs for 7 days a week. In APO the time stream id maintained for the production calendar, shipping calendar and receiving calendar is ADR002 which is 6 working days. Also in the resource master ZC which is 7 working days is assigned to the factory calendar. In ECC the factory calendar assigned to the plant is 6 working days. In the work center in ECC the factory calendar id is 7 working days.

The reason behind why I stated all these so that you can shed more light on the issue we having

1. In the planning book, under the production(planned) row we do input figures manually : Is this a normal system behavior or we missing out something that is meant to populate the figures automatically.

2 . Purchase Requisition is generated in APO and CIF to ECC. In MD04 the purchase requisition quantity is sometimes lesser that what the required quantity to the extent that we need to increase the quantity. Also the required date is not sometimes accurate.......Please assist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dapo,

Neither of your NEW questions is likely to be related to calendars.

For question 1, the answer is 'it depends upon the solution your company has chosen'.  Many companies run a heuristic to create planned orders.

For question 2, the answer is 'it depends upon the method your company has chosen to generate Purchase requistions'.

I suggest you speak to the person or group in your company that is responsible for supporting this solution.  SCN is not really the best vehicle for addressing high level generic problems.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thanks for the quick response. I will speak to the person but meanwhile we run on heuristics so is that how the planned orders will be maintained manually.Also our purchase requisition is generated after SNP run.