cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job monitor delay in redwood

0 Kudos

Hello ,

In our prod redwood , our job monitor window is taking time to load all the jobs . how to over come this.

But the below standard jobs are already running .

System_Aggregate_History

System_MonitorTables

System_Get_Tutorials_List

System_ProcessKeepClauses

System_UpdateJobStatistics

System_DeleteJobFiles

System_Ignored_Alert_Reporter

can any one suggest on this that how to overcome the delay in job monitor window.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Analyse why it is taking long. Maybe cleanup the job table. Maybe improve your filter. Maybe improve security setup. Or ask support.

By the way, these jobs are started by default, you did not have to put any effort into scheduling these.

Regards Gerben

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

My system had a very similar issue where jobs in Job Monitor were taking up to 25s to load up. Despite having the standard redwood housekeeping jobs running in the background, there was still latency with displaying them.

To a large extent, I found the problem was with the size of my JCS_JOBPARAMETER0 table. Instead of the recommended default threshold of 5million records, I in fact had 25million records!

Analysis showed that even though the System_ProcessKeepClause job was running, a lot of background jobs were running in my system very frequently, that had the "Keep All" radio button selected, and thereby were just not being purged.

After a mass modification of the most frequently run jobs from "Keep All" to "40 Jobs per System", the JCS_JOBPARAMETER0 table (along with many others), has come down from 25M to approx 3.7M. This has made a massive improvement in bringing up jobs in Job Monitor. Worth a try.

-V-