cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to load approximately 18 bookmarks in my app where each bookmark contains one bar chart connected with one HANA data source with a very small dataset. But the problem is that these bookmarks are taking approximately 30 seconds to display which is too long. I measured the runtime of design studio via profiling and came to know that the following 2 processes are consuming majority of time:

"CREATE_DATA_PROVIDER" in LOAD_BOOKMARK

"GetdataAsString" in process command before processing

Image is attached for further details.

Can some one tell me how can I minimize this waiting time and improve the overall performance of the app

Thanks and best regards.

Fahad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

I would suggest the following:

1.  To get a more realistic idea of performance you should test the application when deployed to your target platform rather than in local mode because there will certainly be a noticeable difference;

2.  You should review the following blog posts:

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your reply. I tried all these tricks like data loading in script, background processing etc. but no use. The problem is that I have 18 bookmarks in one Split container where each bookmark have its own data source so their are 18 sequential calls to the backend. I don't know how can I achieve parallel processing as their is only 1 data source. Any idea how can I improve the performance?

Best regards.

Fahad

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, are you running this on the BI platform?  Is your BI platform sized properly? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

At the moment I am running it in Local Mode.

Best regards.

Fahad

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fahad:

Would you please take a look at SAP Note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2220815/E to see if it applies to you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your reply. I checked this SAP Note but this doesn't apply to my scenario but nevertheless thanks for your help.

Best regards.

fahad