cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analysis for Office 2.2 SP2 not recognising Office 2016

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of deploying 32 bit SAP Analysis for Office 2.2 SP2 on several client laptops. Some of these laptops run 32 bit Office 365 and some Office 2016. We are aware and have tested that the version of AO 2.2 supports both version of Office.

During deployment we have a few users running 32 bit Office 2016 for whom the AO installer just cannot find the version of Office installed. Please refer the below screenshot

Has anyone encountered anything similar. Would really appreciate any leads. I came across one SDN thread, however, could not find the registry entry in the client's laptop.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3892145

Thanks

Zubin Kurian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For 2.2 version you need to be on SP3 for it to recognize Office 2016.  Could you try that?

0 Kudos

Hi Tammie,

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised to hear that Analysis for Office 2.2 SP3 is needed as a minimum to recognise Office 2016, although the PAM indicates that SP2 is enough.

However, the key word here maybe "recognise". In cases where we tried Analysis for Office 2.2 SP2 with Office 2016 and it worked  with no issues was when we first installed Analysis for Office and then followed it up with the installation of Office 2016. If the installation is performed in the reverse order we see an issue that the analysis for Office setup does not recongnise the presence of Office 2016.

If we already have Office 2016 installed and we want to install a supporting Analysis for Office, then perhaps SP3 is the minimum level needed for the installation to recognise that Office 2016 exists and proceeds further.

I will test this theory and let you know the outcome.

Zubin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

I am having difficulties solving the same problem.  Were you ever able to resolve this?

Thanks

RG

ludo_mertens
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ryan,

I solved it using the easy fixit tool to remove and reinstall office.
Running 2.2SP2 with office 2016 atm, haven't tried 2.2SP3.
See my comment http://scn.sap.com/message/16579062#16579062

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom, thank you for the input.  I had tried this before and it did not solve the problem. 

I was able to resolve the issue this morning by running the following command under and administrative cmd in the syswow64 folder:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Apparently there was a DLL registration problem on my machine.  I spent two weeks trying nearly everything suggestion I could find to solve the problem, and that was the one that did it.

(I am running Windows 7 64-bit with Office 2016 64-bit)

Thanks again,

Ryan

0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Just to highlight that SAP recommends using a 32 bit Analysis for Office which is only supported by 32 bit Office. It's important that the bit version of AO and MS office match.  I could see that you are using a 64 bit MS Office. Have you tried running with a 32 bit MS Office 2016?

Regards

Zubin