cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 850 B2Baddon - Multiple ISA/file and single ISA/file from same customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

Interface flow is EDI850-->Order IDoc using B2Baddon in PO. We are getting EDI 850 file from customer in two ways.

few files will have single ISA segments, few files will have multiple ISA segments. Basically they are using append option and sending EDI 850 file to us in both ways.

In EDI separator sender communication channel (Screen shot attached),

If we check the ‘Receive split ISA’ option, It is working only for file with multiple ISA segments, but not for single ISA.

If we uncheck the ‘Receive split ISA’ option, It is working only for file with single ISA segment, but not for multiple ISA.

Is there anyway to configure PO to allow both kind of files (file with multiple ISA and file with single ISA)?

We are getting this kind of files from single client so we should use single EDI separator channel.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What support pack are you on? From the screenshot it seems like an older B2B toolkit.

As a temporary workaround you can have two EDI Senders, one to handle aggregated 850s and one for receiving single PO. It should not matter if they are from the same client because that ICO should be a different one anyway.

So you will have the first ICO to receive 'any' EDI files from that client.(AS2 Sender --> EDI Sep Receiver)

Second ICO to listen to multi-ISA 850s.(EDI Sep Sender --> IDOC)

Third ICO to listen to single-ISA 850s.(EDI Sep Sender --> IDOC)

And again this limitation seems to be from the older EDI Separator. Try to get on to the latest B2B offering if your license permits.

Thanks,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tried that POC, but no luck. It's taking only first ICO and other message is failing.

We are on SP04.

I think we are on latest support pack. As I mentioned in screenshot, we can see check box option 'Receive split ISA option' in EDI separator sender channel which was not part of the older B2B support packs.

But this will allow either single ISA / Multiple ISA, not both files using single channel.

Do you think EDI separator sender single channel can handle both ways of files (single ISA / Multiple ISA)? If so what option do we need to use?

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

I also faced the same issue and i did below configuration and it worked fine in B2B addon.

1st ICO:

FTP/SFTP -----> EDISEPARATOR Receiver

It will file from the server (FTP/SFTP) and bypass the file to EDI Separator receiver channel.

(Don't conert the EDI file in this ICO).

2nd ICO:

EDISEPARATOR Sender -----> EDISEPARATOR Receiver

This ICO will split the multiple interchange (ISA-IEA) sets.

Tick the checkbox on EDI Separator Sender adapter as below.

Create one EDI Receiver to receive splitted messages.

3rd ICO:

EDISeparator Sender ----> Idoc

(Use edi converter module on the EDI Separator Sender Channel). Below is the example:

You need to create one ICO for each Transaction (e.g. 850/997/820/810 etc.). It means one EDI separator channel will be for 850 and one for 997, one for 820 and likewise.

This will definitely solve your issue.

Note: If your payload has only one interchange segment then 2nd ICO will be by passed. Also do Validate your payload if issue is coming after this configuration.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have idea on how to handle this?

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

I would suggest the solution and also ask you to explain your situation

1. Lets make it most efficient solution. You can receive 1 ISA with multiple EDIs like 850, 852, 856

2. You can receive multiple ISAs with multiple edis

3. You can receiver one or multiple ISA with just 850.

Above 3 points will be the part of customer requirement which you must gather. From your question I take the  requirement as you can receive one or more ISA in same files containing only 850.

So the development will be

1st ICO-

File -> EDISeparator ( this is normal where file is picked up and sent to PI runtime)

2nd ICO-

EDISeparator Sender(this will have the checkbox enabled RECEIVE SPLIT ISA) to EDISeparator Receiver(normal)

Here you can give only Sender ID and Receiver ID, and keep Transaction ID code as .* where you kept 850. This will be called now in case of multiple ISA

3rd ICO-(last one)

EDISeparator Sender( give 850 code and sender id and receiver ID) to File

if your file as one ISA then 2nd ICO will be skippped and 3rd will pick the messages else 2nd will pick them and split and then they will go to 3rd.

Regards,
Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you mentioned, mine is 3rd scenario (receive one or multiple ISA with just 850).

Like I said before, we have tried this option with multiple ICO's and did not work.

Small correction in your points mentioned below:

____

2nd ICO-

EDISeparator Sender(this will have the checkbox enabled RECEIVE SPLIT ISA) to EDISeparator Receiver(normal)

Here you can give only Sender ID and Receiver ID, and keep Transaction ID code as .* where you kept 850. This will be called now in case of multiple ISA

___

**** When we enable RECEIVE SPLIT ISA, it will ask only for sender and receiver details. There is no option to mention Transaction ID as '*'