Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find EPS or Add-On Package in the saint transaction

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While working with SAINT transaction to upload a Add-On package i am facing issue.

• What i did:
  1.           Loaded package/SAR File from front end
  2.           Decompressed it
  • What should happen?
  1. the loaded package should be displayed so that we could select it and continue with the installation in SAINT transaction
  • What happened?
  1. the loaded package is not displayed on the Add-On selection screen though i could see it in the inbox

this is the first time it is happening to me like this. could anyone guide me here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Your filter is active.. Can you please click on the funnel icon in the top left corner - 3rd icon to deactivate the filter and see if it shows the package?

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick response BASIS. But it did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

May I know what is the add-on package you are trying to import ? I could see the text as testpatfile ??

How did get this file ?

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

we developed some ABAP Objects which we converted/registered as PAT File. later we converted the same into SAR File. Now we are trying to (test)install the file in a new server. This we did earlier also but we never faced this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

After decompressing were you able to see the PAT file at OS level at /EPS/in ?

Even if you try loading it from application level also you have the same issue ?

There might be some corrupt header information in the PAT file because of which SAINT is unable to read it. To test the possibility of corruption could you please download any other Add-on package (like ST-(A)PI or etc..,) from market place and check if SAINT is able to detect the add-on package file ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I see you are on the first screen. Did you click on 'Continue' and see what the system says?

Look for the decompressed PAT files in the EPS/in directory.

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Files after decompressed can be seen in the EPS/In folder.

in the above screen shot the files which are in Red Block are the files which are decompressed but cannot be seen in the SAINT Transaction to proceed.

Image to read status:

If you could notice in the first image i have deleted one package because i thought it is not allowing me to proceed further but then i still face the same issue.

???

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello. i am still searching for a solution......

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys here is the solution for this issue. Actually its not a solution but common sense.

the pat file which i want to install is having a file or component piece list with the same name which was already installed and thats the reason SAINT is not showing it in queue.

So what we did is this time we gave a different name after checking the name of earlier file and tried to install it worked.

Thnaks Guys for your time.

Regards

Satish Chinta

Answers (0)