cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display the result on Characteristic in Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to display result on one of the characteristic in Bex Query. I went to the properties of that characteristic and for Result Rows, I selected "Always Display".

Inspite of selecting this option, it is not affecting. It is not showing the result for that characteristics.

Please find the below snapshot. Here I wanted to display the result for  "ZHSTEXT"  which is highlighted.

Please let me know what may be the reason that it is not displaying the result and what I have missed it

Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruti,

Please Open the BEx Analyser, and click on the properties of 'ZHSTEXT' and check what is the result status is here.

Please choose the Result as 'Always Display' and check.

Thanks,

Jai Ganesh J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai Ganesh J,

Thanks for your reply.

I went to Bex analyser and checked the properties. Please see the below snapshot. It is showed as "Always Display".

The output is shown as -

From the above, we can see that result is shown as overall for the third column (on which I wanted to display the result).

I want the Result to be separated for BzWE and WE (which I have highlighted).

Not understanding why it is not showing result separately for these two values. Why it is taking both into account while displaying it.

Please tell me where I'm going wrong.

Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your requirement you need to enable "Result Rows" as "Always display" for field movement type or step number. Then you will see a total for BzWE and WE.

Thanks

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Yes, I checked it and as said by you, it is displaying a total for BzWE and WE.

But, can you please explain me how and why it is affecting like that. Why it is dependent on Movement type or step number.

When I'm applying "Always display" for Step Number, then there too it is showing result as overall, the result is not getting separated for different values of step number.

Please explain me.

Thanks,

Shruti Yendigeri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Result rows for a characteristic is calculated and displayed after all the individual values for the characteristic are processed.

In your scenario, when you enabled Result Rows for ZHSTEXT characteristic it showed a result row after processing the individual values of the characteristic (i.e., BzWE and WE). That is the result row you see in the initial screenshot.

Your requirement is to see a sum of the individual values "BzWE" and "WE" of the characteristic ZHSTEXT and you cant get this by enabling result rows for the same characteristic, but you have to do it for the next granular characteristic in your output (which is movement type or step number).

Not sure if my explanation is clear, it is very difficult to explain it in text !

Play around the result rows option for a bit by turning it on and off for different characteristics and you will get it.

Thanks

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Francis for the solution and help.

Checking the result rows for different characteristics. But having difficulty in understanding the reason of its behaviour.

Hope I can understand it soon.