cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use and distribute sql anywhere 2 dlls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a application for SQL Anywhere that needs 2 DLLs namely dbtool17.dll​ & dblib17.dll​

I do not have any installation of SQL Anywhere nor have a license for it.

My query is: Can I distribute these 2 DLLs along with my application setup.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

"I have developed a application for SQL Anywhere" but "I do not have any installation of SQL Anywhere".

How do you test your application?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/JRLloydIII/WebStuff/Troll%20Stuff/fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-trolling-or-just-completely-clueless-8d3a9f.jpg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Breck

I have developed the application but it needs 2 DLLs of SQL Anywhere to run that I mentioned earlier.

My query is related to the distribution of these 2 DLLs along with my installer. This lets me run my application on computers that don't have SQL Anywhere installed on them.

Regarding the testing, I can do it with trial version.

chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The distribution of SQL Anywhere files is subject to your license. Without a license, shipping files would not be permitted.

I am not really sure what your application is doing with DBTOOLs but it really requires SQL Anywhere. Perhaps you need to distribute your application with the expectation that SQL Anywhere is installed - even if that install is a just a client. This puts the licensing onus on your users.