cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mplan Costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I want to see the cost on maintenance plan before I release the calls via IP10. Is there any report that can help me with that.

Regards

Rubab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Need your help on this as well.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Can you update on this thread also

Regards,

PS R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot PS for sharing the above points. All the points mentioned above are valid and are checked as well before executing IP31 report .Let me share the real problem again

• When I am running IP31 report it works fine as long as I execute (Press F8 on Keyboard) only one order but when I am executing for more than one order it is giving me this message which I have shared above as well. I m unable to cater this issue.

For your information I have checked all the pre-requisites that you have mentioned above but still the same issue.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Can you plz. update on your query.

regards,

PS R

Former Member
0 Kudos

No PS R , I m facing the same issue I have also shared my feed back above.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Just I want to share the following prerequisites with regard to cost display for maintenance plan ( IP31)

• The cost display for maintenance plan does not work if you only create, but do not start, the maintenance plan.

• You create orders from maintenance plan. The cost display for maintenance plan does not work if you call notifications or service entry sheets.

• The maintenance plan does not have the inactive or deletion flag status.

Looking at the functional scope, the system determines the expected costs for the specified period

1) if it calculates the maintenance calls i.e. orders that already exist.

2) the system simulates the maintenance calls for the next period & determines the expected costs.

Regards,

PS R

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Have you gone through above what I shared.

PS R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am still confused with one thing that starts from the beginning  when I am executing IP31 with multiple plans to view the "cost" it shows this error.

if I m selecting from the buttons below on the initial screen. Like  " display costing". It still does not execute the report.

Can I please be guided that why system is saying that it can only be executed in the BG when I m entering more than one plan?

Best Regards

Rubab

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Hopefully, your task list is having components and labour hours.

Regards

Terence

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Is following image any use to your query ? Just plz. try & let me know.

regards,

PS R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes PS R I think it can serve the need to some extent. Please clear if it shows the cost before the plan is executed via ip10 and is the cost based on materials assigned in task list?

Also, when I am using the same mplan in ip31 with same start and end date it says ' report contains no data'. Definitely one can not go one by one and see the cost estimate of the plan

Thanks once again.

Regards

Rubab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes PS R I think it can serve the need to some extent. Please clear if it shows the cost before the plan is executed via ip10 and is the cost based on materials assigned in task list?

Also, when I am using the same mplan in ip31 with same start and end date it says ' report contains no data'. Definitely one can not go one by one and see the cost estimate of the plan

Thanks once again.

Regards

Rubab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

T-Code IP31 gives the result only after scheduling (IP10) is done. because after scheduling only, program will come to know, when the work order is going to be called and executed.

if we just create task list, Maintenance plan and Not doing scheduling means, we can not find out the cost.

If I understand correctly, program IP31 calculates the cost runtime only, based on selected dates of work orders from the task list data.

From my understanding, this cost information will be used for budgeting purpose. Maintenance team will come to know what will be maintenance cost for future, so they will ask for budget based on that.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

One question, what you want to achieve actually? Calling Maintenance plan cost information before executing IP10 ? Are you trying to call a maintenance plan costing to validate or any thing else.

IW31 will get values if the plan is scheduled already.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I want to see the values before executing IP10 before any order is generated via IP10.

Is his possible?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

First of all, your task list should have components and labour hours. To view the cost estimate your plan should be scheduled.

Unless the plan is scheduled, you cannot achieve it.

But still i am unable to get the exact business requirement for your case, on why it is required to check the cost before executing IP10, in such case, you could have checked in Task list costing.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my client says that the calls of new plans could be  be after a month or so but he wants to see the cost today and thats why I executed ip31 where I m coming across few errors

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

May be its after one month the order is planned but, whether the plan is scheduled or not will be the question. Unless you schedule the plan, you cannot calculate the cost.

I could not check IP19, need to explore it, since it can have the plan cost populated. In this case also, if the order is scheduled, system can calculate the cost for future.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Maria, as far as I have explored I could not find cost of the plan in IP19 report.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some things to be aware of in IP31

• It takes costing today's values
  • In strategy plans it assumes all packages are due

We had to write our own program on a previous client which used IP19 as the basis of the program, then costed every operation  separately. This was not an easy task..

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rubab

There are some major limitations with IP31.

For example, you need to schedule the plan before any costing can be determined, and it also uses today's labour rates even if there are rates into the future (there's an OSS note for this).

There is no costing in IP19, although we did develop a solution for one client, but it was very complex.

SAP HANA has some additional reporting in the HANA Studio, but from what I could see, it wasn't that good either.

You could also look at task list costing via IA16.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PA,

What does labor rate refer to here ? As far as my knowledge is concerned we can only view the cost of the plan that is based on the price of the component.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rubab Zehra

"Labour rates" means the cost of the labour.

The system also uses the current material price for the plan costs as it has no other information.

As I stated above, we developed a very complex variant of IP19 that costed every order/operation. It also included an annual price increase function.

As far as I am aware, there are no SAP reports that do this, and I haven't seen any 3rd Party products either. Maybe Prometheus Group have something??

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

We have std Tcode to see the maintenance plan costing. Following program/report will be useful to you: -

IP31 and S_ALR_87013426.

Programe name is RISTRA30

IP31 actually call a FM CK_F_ORDER_COSTING to calculate the planned cost by simulating a order create for the Maintenance plan.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Check IP31

Regards,

AMol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I have checked it already. It gives two errors

• when I press the button "display cost"

any other report that satisfies the need.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

This is information message. you need to execute in background.

OR click on following buttons one by one & check.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IP31 settings

- Run report in background (Program->Execute in background)

- Go to SM37 and search for your job (RISTRA30) and go to the spool

Alternatively, check these 2 reports,

IA16 - Task List Costing

S_ALR_87013426 - Maintenance Plan Costing

BR