cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message (INBOUND) expired

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting a error in PI version 7.1 ABAP stack.

Scenario details:

Proxy to JDBC sync scenario

In request message PI is sending values for only two fields from date and two date. In respect to that database is sending data response with some values.

I am getting below error for the response message.

Error details:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message 57715a29-4d95-0bd0-e100-800093a73e34(INBOUND) expired

Error image is attached.

Regards,

Mohit Dua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Talk with the DB team to reproduce your query on the DB directly in order to know if there is any extense time procedure. As below suggestion if this is the problem you can increase the channel timeout (Setting a Channel-Specific Timeout - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library) or to talk with the DB team to improve the access as Eugeny suggested.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks, your solution worked.

Regards,

Mohit Dua

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your support.

problem have been fixed by following below URL

Setting a Channel-Specific Timeout - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit, hi all,

The provided screenshot does not make me 100% confident the error occurs due to performance issues on receiver side. MessageExpiredException is raised if the PI sender application (adapter) thread didn't get response for synchronously processed message in timely manner and had to time out, but cause of hitting time out limit can come from various areas - since the PI sender application thread is suspended right when the created request message is submitted to Messaging System and awaits for response / time out, it can be any subsequent processing step within a PI system (request/response mapping, XML validations if they are enabled, etc.), network connectivity between PI and receiver database, and performance issues on the receiver side (as mentioned by others above). Together with this, delay may be caused by overall system overload and resources shortage, too, which may not even be affected interface specific.

Having written so, I would suggest to explore failed message's audit log and figure out which step or steps took the most processing time. This shall help to narrow down possible areas of concern and allow more precise investigation.

Regards,

Vadim

0 Kudos
former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

As EV susggested its because for time out issue since its Sync interface.

Check the note-791379 and below discussion

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit!

As I could see from your screenshot, your error is related to jdbc response timeout. If you use stored procedure call check it for runtime errors and execution time. If it's an SQL statement - check its execution time and optimize query statements to reduce it.

Regards, Evgeniy.