cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes printer doesn't response on SAP EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We meet a situation after system upgrades to EHP7. Sometimes the printer doesn't response when we print something with sap, e.g. me9f.

Recently, our solution is restart the user's PC. if the user restarts his PC, tries the printing again and then the printer might response and has a big chance.

Of course, we have checked the connection with printer, the quality of printer, the lack of paper and etc.

If someone has solved this problem or known about it, would you share with us.

Anyway, thank you.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jianjia,

There will not be any issue in SAP in your case.

We can do one thing. Configure some other printer instead of the existing one and check with the same "Access Method" - G. We will have an idea in this case.

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With this configuration printing is essentially driven not by SAP but by the operating system on the user's PC. For this reason I doubt this has anything to do with the upgrade. Usually there is also nothing to be done on the SAP about such issues, as pointed out above.

There are SAP notes and many SCN posts already available on the various issues with front-end printing. Search in the SAP support portal and in Google. Also you could search on MS website for any known Windows issues and check if there is a newer driver available for the printer. All this needs to be done before posting on SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for reply. Our basis do have search related issues from SAP notes and SAP support, but got nothing useful conclusion.

Consider that several users have the same issue and the same printer of user responds normally everyday before system upgrades, we do not think about the Windows issues again. Your words remind us, we will try to check it again from Windows.

Best Regards

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jianjia,

It seems you are using Front End printing and also with access method G instead of F. For front End Printing, Control Technology method is best and i don't think that any problem in printer configuration in SAP.

Did you check it from other users PC? If yes, Please send the response.

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

Yes we have checked it from other users' PC. If it is a single case, we might consider it as user's mistaking or other simple reasons.

Best Regards

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are we supposed to guess what printer configuration you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Of course not. Sorry for my missing.

Usually, we use dot matrix printers and common A4 printers. And in fact, no matter which type printers we are using, they happens.

I take some screenshots and here are the printer configurations.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jianjia,

You have posted this in the wrong forum.  Printing is generally a Basis issue, you will generally not get many answers here to Basis-type questions.  Try one of the forums related to your problem; maybe the Output Management forum or something similar.

Best Regards,

DB49

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

moved to output management.