cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max size for a BPC dimension (admin console)?

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently ran into the following issue.  I have a dimension with over 60,000 members.  When I use the Admin Client to Export the dimension (Model > Dimension Library > Dimension > Export Dimension) the resulting xlsx file (PC_MS\Data\Webfolders\Model\ADMINAPP) is cut off at 60,000 rows.

So I have say 60,548 rows in a mbr* table, but the extract from the admin console is cutting off the results at 60,000 in the xlsx file and this ultimately results in having issues with processing the dimension.

Is anyone aware of a max size for a BPC dimension, or a parameter to increase the max size for the admin console?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Which version of BPC are you working on? What is the error/issue when you process the dimension?

Maybe this document will be helpfull....It is for NW version but it is the same for MS.

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

When I use the Admin Client to Export the dimension (Model > Dimension Library > Dimension > Export Dimension) the resulting xlsx file (PC_MS\Data\Webfolders\Model\ADMINAPP) is cut off at 60,000 rows.

I have reviewed the link you sent, but I didn't see a fix in there.  Is there a setting somewhere that determines the max number of rows able to be exported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

That document suggests that the "Each dimension a user has access to gets cached during the first login on a given machine and then subsequent logins, when changes are made.  The XML cache files consist of one line per dimension member / hierarchy that a user has access to.  Each line documents all of the properties associated with that dimension member."

and can load upto 100,000 members in a dimension. No such limitation is given for dimension members, thats what I wanted to point out!.

Have you tried to export master data using data manger package? CPMB/EXPORT_MD_TO_FILE process chain.

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

I have not tried that.  I'm simply trying to get this to work: Model > Dimension Library > Dimension > Export Dimension.  It is standard process for several of our uses to use this.

/*------------------------

SELECT count(*)

FROM [...].[dbo].[mbrEmployee]

------------------------*/

-----------

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Check this parameter.....Dont know this helps or not. Just a thought!

Environment Parameters - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation - SAP Library

Required

MEMBERSHEET_VERSIONDetermines whether you use the .xls Excel workbook type or .xlsx Excel workbook type for the dimension member sheet. The default value is 2007, which uses the .xlsx workbook type. You can change it to 2003 to use an Excel 2003 workbook. However, when you change it to 2003, you must runExport Dimension in the Administration client for all of the dimensions. When you change the value from 2003 to 2007, however, you do not have to run Export Dimension because the Administration client converts it automatically.

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

It's set to 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the file created in PC_MS for the dimension showing all the records? The dimension file created automatically, not the one after Export dimension.

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you kindly point me to where I could find that file?

If I recall correctly 10.1 is now using xml files vs. excel files for the PC_MS cache, which is a bit more difficult to assess...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jon....Sorry since I havent worked on 10.1 MS version, wouldnt be able to help you on that further.

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like BPC starts making multiple sheets in the excel workbook after 60,000.

Answers (0)