cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening Crystal Reports Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again everyone,

As I am working on a large report I keep finding issues with setup.  In our environment we have a production BOE server and a development BOE server.  I am able to have Crystal Reports log into the production BOE Server and have access to the Repository.  But I get an error trying to log on to our development BOE server.  In researching the issue, I have found one computer that logs into the development BOE server and most of us can't.  The IT Department says everything looks the same to them.  I can log in to the development server directly but not through Crystal Reports.  When I go to that other system I can log in as me through Crystal Reports. 

Here is the screen shot of the error:

I am thinking something is not installed / linked correctly on my system's Crystal Reports.

BOE Version:

XI 3.1 SP7

CR Version:

We are thinking that I need to uninstall and reinstall CR.

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still No Luck - - - I have seen that this is a common issue.  To give a clearer image of the situation.

We have 5 computer systems running Windows 7 Pro,  Crystal Reports 2008.  We have a development and production environments. 4 of the 5 computers can only log into the production BOE server through Crystal Reports and Desktop Intelligence, and get the error mentioned above when trying to get to the development BOE server.  The 1 system can get to both.

I am baffled at this point, I have tried most of the things I've seen in the posts of others having the same issues.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been digging into the issue more....

I logged on to the system that is not having issues and found that it has a driver pack installed that my system does not.  The driver pack is called: DataDirect ODBC Drivers by SAP Business Objects.  My IT dept. is going to look for this software so we can install it on my system to see if it resolves the issue.

I will keep this post informed as to the progress we have or not.

Ken

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you try login using administrator id or any Enterprise user? mostly looks like a problem with the authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,  No login works from my system to the development server except for the web interface. Yet we can logon to our production server from the system.  I just noticed and tried to open BOE Desktop Intelligence and have the same issues there.  So I don't think it is only a CR Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IT guys checked to ensure that there wasn't a firewall issue.