cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty check on equipment that is linked to FLoc

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We are trying to reduce efforts on maintaining the warranty information at the equipment level. The solution we are attempting at is to create a functional location with warranty start date, warranty master and setting the inherit and pass on indicator. We also assign an equipment to the functional location. However, that equipment has no warranty data set up.

When I create a service order with the functional location entered, the warranty check kicks in.

However, when I create a service order with the equipment, the warranty check does not happen even though the FLoc is determined and populated automatically.

The check on the equipment only works if I also maintain the warranty start date and inherit indicator.

I did find this example http://www.sap-img.com/plant/pass-on-and-inherit-warranty.htm, but I just want to confirm that this is really how standard works and that it is not a bug.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siow,

You need to set the Inherit Warranty indicator in the equipment, then only functional location warranty will be checked against the equipment.

Just a thought, if you have the same warranty under a functional location, does the equipments under the functional location will not be different from different manufacturer, which will have different warranty. In such case, why you need an equipment, you can handle every thing in the functional locaton rite. ?

Regards

Terence

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I did try with only setting the inherit indicator but it did not work until I also add in a date on the equipment master.

The way we treat functional location is slightly different from normal. We are trying to use it to represent a sales where warranty starts from a date that both FLoc and Equipment will share. Am focusing more on customer warranty here. We were hoping that by passing on the warranty from Floc to the equipment assigned to it, we can save maintenance efforts to maintaining the equipment master.

Regards

SF