cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the value of a Transitive Display Attribute in SAP Bex..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my project, There is a business requirement where we need to get the value of transitive display attribute in SAP BEx. 

We already have profit center in the query but user needs profit center (Display Attribute)value from attribute of Master data ZCST_CTR. ZCST_CTR is attribute of ZPRODORDR in the report.

Please Help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member241863
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh Kumar G,

Let Say - PROFIT_CENTRE is navigation attribute of ZCST_CTR.

ZCST_CTR is attribute of ZPRODORDR.

SO as i understand, you need to use PROFIT_CENTRE, navigational attribute of ZCST_CTR, which is again Navigational Attribute of Production Oder (ZPRODORDR).

So do the below steps -

Step 1) Add PROFIT_CENTRE in MD ZPRODORDR as navigation attribute.

Step 2) In Transformation, Map PROFIT_CENTRE with ZCST_CTR Source field and Use Read from MD function (from ZCST_CTR) to feed PROFIT_CENTRE in MD ZPRODORDR .

Step 3) Select the PROFIT_CENTRE in InfoProvider as navigational InfoObject and Re-activate the InfoProvider.

Step 4) In BEx, Use PROFIT_CENTRE anywhere as per Client Requirement. 

Thanks

Pratyaksh Jeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyaksh,

Thanks for your Kind reply on the above scenario.

The thing is PROFIT_CENTRE is the display attribute of ZCST_CTR. In this case how we can proceed. If it is a navigational attribute, I will proceed as per your suggestion but in this case it is an display attribute. So please do let me know how to proceed in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Kumar.G

former_member241863
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh Kumar G,

It doesn't matter that PROFIT_CENTRE is Display attribute or Navigational of ZCST_CTR.

Step 1) Add PROFIT_CENTRE in MD ZPRODORDR as navigation attribute.

Step 2) In Transformation of ZPRODORDR, Map PROFIT_CENTRE with ZCST_CTR Source field and Use Read Master Data Rule Type (from ZCST_CTR) to feed PROFIT_CENTRE in MD ZPRODORDR .

Step 3) Select the ZPRODORDR_PROFIT_CENTRE in InfoProvider as navigational InfoObject and Re-activate the InfoProvider.

Step 4) In BEx, Use ZPRODORDR_PROFIT_CENTRE anywhere as per Client Requirement.

In Step 3 & 4, You have to use PROFIT_CENTRE of ZPRODORDR not ZCST_CTR.

Thanks

Pratyaksh Jeet

former_member241863
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh Kumar G,

is your issue resolved..??

Thanks

Pratyaksh Jeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arulraj,

The Document is useful, but not sure how to proceed in the above scenario. It would be great if you explain it in step by step for the above mentioned scenario. So that I will replicate the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Kumar. G