cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing for existing blogs & docs to get "living documents" reqired in archive also

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

my situation is the following: I strive to descibe scenarios/prozesses that usually span different tools - such as bringing data from an Systm Landscape Directory to the SAP Solution Manager LMDB and the SAP Support Portal Customer Profile.
For those new to the topic I link to basic blogs a lot to provide less experienced readers with some background. To keep and provide an overview of my let's say 60 blogs, I created documents that present blogs in a meaningful way in groups like best pratices, preparation, etc.

Now, tools keep evolving and I keep learing. so from time to time I want need to edit existing blogs and documents - and this is a key feature for my and I used it a lot in the current SCN because many of these blogs are valid since years an read numbers still go up...:
So here is my question/request

Will editing of existing documents be provided in the future (including "archived" docs)?

Best Regards,

Wolf Hengevoss

SAP SE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello Wolf, All blogs will be migrated to the new system and will not be archived (authors can edit them).

Archived documents will not be editable.

Regards,

Moshe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

this blog post is marked as answered, but surely it is not one i feel being sufficient - thanks for the invitation to JAM, we'll discuss it further there 😉

Best Regards,

Wolf

0 Kudos

Hi Wolf,

The original author has the responsibility for determining the Correct Answer.  That is not the responsibility (generally speaking) of the Moderators.  Looking forward to the Discussion in the Jam Group.  There is also a new Poll there which I hope you will respond.

Thanks, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Moshe,

That is good news – but only half of the good news I hoped for – apart from a few dozen blog posts, I also have around 8 documents, which I use to organize the blogs and which are linked in our applications – I need to edit them in the future also....

So the following urgent questions arise:

- Do I need to migrate them to the blog-sphere by Copy&Paste?

- Or will there be any support for this.

- Will it be possible to preserver the URLs somehow - as stated, these are used quite widely (and were much more easily handled compared to the lengthy title-based blog URLs...)?

Best Regards,

Wolf Hengevoss

SAP SE

brianbernard
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Wolf,

There's an ongoing project investigating how to treat certain content in the document format going forward. The task force includes members of the 1DX and SCN team, plus and .

There will be more to share when the analysis is (more) complete.

-Brian

0 Kudos

Hi Wolf,

I have invited you to join our Jam Group where you can read the latest status on Boris and my discussions with the 1DX team.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG