Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule OS shutdown

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all

I configured our LVM to manage a sandbox system on AWS and I would like to automate the OS shutdown including the system dependencies...can this be done without dealing with custom operations?

thanks and regards

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Donna,

did you use the SAP LVM Adapter for AWS to execute your operations so far?

Best,

Andreas

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

yes I configured bot the virtualization and storage managers..I can see the instances, I can turn them on/off, but I would like to automate these tasks (with the benefit of LVM taking care for shutting down the SAP software/DB layers)

thanks and regards

Michele

0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

do you want to use SAP LVM to shut down or power up the managed instances? In this case please open up Automation where you can schedule operations for your managed instances. Or do you want your complete "sandbox" environment with AWS instances to be shut down and powered up automatically? In this case I would recommend managing/consuming both the SAP LVM and the managed instances with the SAP Cloud Appliance Library entirely.

Best,

Andreas

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

i would like to be able to power on and off the instances including the software shutdown in an automated way, Something which works perfectly when you do it interactively , but which cannot be done in batch.

As we have private and public workloads, LVM would be the single entry point. This is not feasible apparently

thanks and regards

Michele

MarioDeFelipe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michele

You can perform activities in SAP with LVM task scheduling options, check page 24 of the road map;

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001092322012E.pdf

but, if you want to extend this and include EC2 system stop to save money, you need to use API capabilities of AWS, check this console from RocketSteam company to do both SAP and EC2 system stop.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00WXSVLF0/ref=sp_mpg_product_title?ie=UTF8&sr=0-11

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

hello

thanks for the info...as you can shutdown a VM interactively, I was hoping to find the same option when scheduling tasks, to me this doesn't look rocket science

best regards

Michele