cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 Asp.net Core

joshbula
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have installed Visual Studio 2016 Update 3, and CR for VS SP 17 on Windows 10 64-bit. Rebooted. Created a new Asp.net Core app that uses the full .NET Framework 4.5.2

How do I add a report? The Add --> New Item wizard does not have any options to add a Crystal Report.

Do I need to add something to my project.json file?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshbula
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It is apparently not compatible with an "ASP.NET Core Web Application." 

When I create a new project using the "ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework)" template, it does allow me to add and create the .rpt report files, but that option is not there with any of the new "Core" versions of the ASP.NET new project templates, not even when opting to use the full .NET Framework.

I guess the whole ".NET Core" thing just isn't ready for production use yet, so I'll revert back to using the old ASP.NET.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you installed CR for VS, did you install the .exe file in the "Install Executable" column here .  Or did you download and install one of the other files?  In order to get integration with VS, you MUST use the Install Executable - the other columns contain the runtime installs to use when deploying your application.  If you installed a runtime, you should uninstall it prior to installing the .exe.

-Dell

joshbula
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I did install the executable from the first column: CRforVS_13_0_17.exe.