cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE start page incomplete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is the "SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java" start page incomplete?

There are only 3 items presented:

• SAP Library
  • SAP Management Console
  • Application Server Java Troubleshooting Guide

What happened to NWA and the rest?

I can successfully shortcut to the other applications via hostname:5000/nwa  etc

Any ideas please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christo,

Please check out this KBA: 1929333 - startPage is not fully loaded.

The symptoms are the same as I see.

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter. Good find, but unfortunately not helping this situation.

• The "Association" for the *docs* admin fields are blank. I verified this in all our other J2EE instances, and this is the case their too.
  • The note did help in further analysis though: When I remove the applChecker and related "if" lines of code from the startPage.jsp file, the apps do show up on the startpage.

So - I am still searching for the permission culprit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to add this:

This SAP instance consists of TWO J2ee servers, with the UME connecting to single ABAP backend.

BOTH these j2ee servers have the same issue with an incomplete startpage. It has to be some authorization issue common to them both?

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christo,

Apologies for delayed response was off sick for a couple of days. As a matter of interest if both stacks are using the same backend can you confirm the sapjsf user being used by them are different users and or the same user?

i.e. sapjsf and sapjsf1 ?

Also if it is the same user can you confirm it has the standard access assigned.

Requirements for the System User for UME-ABAP Communication - SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability - SAP ...

From what I can see the recommendation is:

We recommend that you use the logon ID SAPJSF_<SAPSID_of_AS_Java>. You can use any password.

Kind Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christo,

I'm not in front of a SAP system right now but I suspect that could be related to preferences or work area filtering you have set.

Maximise your browser as if I recall rightly the button for preferences/filter will be towards the upper right.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amerjit. Not sure what you mean. However, see my reply to Peter.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried different browser?  or desktop? Could you share the browser version?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S Siram, Any browser. It works fine for all our other J2EE systems. Just this one is faulty. See my reply to Peter.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try and access the startpage and directly after that peruse your defaulttrace.trc file, server.log and applications.log file for errors.

Also add those details here.

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolaas,

I would hesitate dropping all that into this space. I can fwd to you by email if that would work for you?

Thanks!

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christo,

I dont mind having a look see.

Kind Regards,