cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default "empty comment" value for all users (AKA leave empty comments...empty)

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

From the user guide page 184:

The small red triangle does not appear in one of the following cases: the comment is empty; the comment consists in three dots (...); the comment consists in the characters entered in the Empty Comment area in

...and page 432:

optionName parameternewValue parameterOption Name and Path on the Interface
DefaultForEmptyCommentcharacter stringUser Options > Others > Empty Comment

Is there a way to set this default "Empty Comment" for all users, from the back end?

The system is saving every comment as '...' by default, which is a lot of unnecessary data for us.  I'd like to change this to '', or Don't save empty comments somehow.

Also on page 427

OptionsheetOptionOptionsheetOptionValue
Show as Excel Comment11TRUE or FALSE

What does this do exactly?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to my colleague Ian for finding this:

To disable the “…” automatically you need to add the following to a MODULE (not the workbook) vba for any workbook you choose

Function AFTER_WORKBOOK_OPEN()

Dim EPMObj As New FPMXLClient.EPMAddInAutomation

EPMObj.SetUserOption "DefaultForEmptyComment", ""

End Function

You must also reference the FPMXLClient from Tools>References

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version 10.1?

From Users option go to Others-->Empty comment--> remove "..." but only , as you want or only blank.

And the last option is to Show the entered comment as a Excel comment with the red triangle symbol, when your mouse hovers on the cell, it displays the comment, like it shows in normal Excel.

Look in EPM Add-In help for more details

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, 10.1.  I know how to make this change for my own login, what I'm asking is how do I make this the default for ALL USERS.

I have full text search setup for about 800 pages of various BPC documentation I've been able to compile.  Searches for "Empty Comment" resulted in the items I referenced in my original post.  Next step is to open an incident, if I cannot find an answer here in the community.

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon, all the options related to Comments above is available in EPM Add-In which is required to install on all the users machine separately. As per my knowledge there is no central place where we can make this apply to all the users. So for all the users we have to make these options manually.

Otherwise you can very well place this idea at the SAP Idea place to suggest SAP.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

JP

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

We use Citrix and do not do local installs for all of our users.  With hundreds of end users this is particularly helpful for IT management.

I was hoping for a registry or config file somewhere.

Can you point me to the SAP Idea place?

Thanks,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here it is

Idea Place: Enterprise Home

as well a document

Regards,

JP