cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find .dlls for use with Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a bit of a problem. It has been a few years since I used Crystal Reports back when I had Crystal Developer XI. I recently purchased SAP Crystal Reports 2016. I installed the package on Windows Server 2008 Release 2. This is our backup server and the machine that we do all of our development on.

The Crystal Reports installed properly and after a quick reboot I created and tied in a report to my database. This was slightly different than the old way but it was fairly easy to figure out. The next task was to quickly get my "test" report into my HMI. I added the .rpt file to my Visual Studio 2012 project and started to add a CrystalReportViewer. I went to Visual Studio tools bar and there was no Crystal Reports Viewer tools.

I looked online and I saw that people on here had recommended a download that would incorporate the Crystal Reports Viewer in the Visual Studio tool bar. The problem is, that link appears to have Crystal Reports 13.X.X.?? whereas when I check my help I see that I have:

Version 14.2.2.1975
CR Developer

Is there something I should do to get the tool bar item. I continued on figuring I would just create the viewer without dragging a dropping by putting it in the designer manually. This is when I noticed that my old familiar .dlls are no where to be found. I had always programmed by adding the following:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource

Have these been replaced by something else? I am at a loss as all of the examples I see require these references to be loaded into the project and I don't have them.....that I know of. I checked all through the Crystal Reports installation area. I did not check the Windows directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to post your queries to

This is the right forum space where you may get better response as it is dedicated space for CR for Visual Studio queries.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved your post.

The runtime for CR is no longer shipped with CR Designer. Version 13 is the one you want to use.

Don