Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help Dynamic Internal table displayed CL_GUI_ALV_GRID

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have a requirement of displaying a Dynamic internal Table in CL_GUI_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY,

Its Done , BUT I want F4 HELP  for some fields which are displayed  in the ALV  . How can i do that ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth.

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

If you are using Fieldcat then you can do as following provided that the search help is attached in field level or data element level.

wa_fcat-F4AVAILABL = 'X'.

Regards,

Junas Pious.

0 Kudos

Hi Junas,

Thanks for replying. But here i want F4 help also Dynamically ie.. taking the value in the first field

I want the F4 HELP for second field, and taking the value in the second field i should populate the third field F4 HELP, and so on..

Regards,

Srikanth.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You need to consider event ONF4 of class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID : this way you can have have a dynamic value-request where you could take particular values into account.

Regards,

William

0 Kudos

I did not understand this, sorry 😐

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an event 'ONF4' in cl_gui_alv_grid class.

Use this event, write your code to handle the event.

Search the other posts for code implementation  for the event. I believe this will solve your issue.

0 Kudos

Your requirement seems weird, so I guess I didn't understand what you said. Can you explain again please, with a little scheme if possible?

0 Kudos

HI,

I should display a dynamic internal table in ALV. This was done.

now i want F4 Help for 2nd and 3rd fields .

For this :

if the first field is kunnr, i want F4 help for the second field ( eg: sales order ) in the F4 help of second field i want only the corresponding records ( sales in this eg ) . likewise third field F4 help depends on 2nd field input.

Here filling the table LVC_T_F4 is the problem for me. What should assigned to the field 'FIELDNAME'.  I have hard coded the second field name and tried, and also tried to assign the component. but nothing is working.

0 Kudos

Is your internal table actually dynamic, in this case use ONF4 (*) to manage the F4.

Regards,

Raymond

(*) as already suggested by

0 Kudos

In the table for LVC_T_F4 create multiple records for all those fields which you want to assign help for.

We get the ROW_NO as a parameter for the event. Read your internal table with that index.

Good thing is that we have the field names .

Just take the value of those fields, and do a query or whatever you want to do to get the data based on that field value.

0 Kudos

Thanks. So, let's say your 2 columns are named KUNNR, VBELN. In the internal table of type LVC_T_F4, you must add one line with FIELDNAME = 'KUNNR', and one line with FIELDNAME = 'VBELN'. For this you set a Handler on event ONF4 (+ parameter E_FIELDNAME to know on which field KUNNR or VBELN F4 is pressed) + call method REGISTER_F4_FOR_FIELDS with the itab of type LVC_T_F4.

EDIT: Refer to demo program BCALV_TEST_GRID_F4_HELP for real code example.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this. but not working

field = 'FIELD'.
            ASSIGN COMPONENT field OF STRUCTURE workarea TO <fs_vall>.
               IF lit_f4[] IS INITIAL.
                 CLEAR wa_f4.
                 wa_f4-fieldname = <fs_vall>.
                 wa_f4-register = 'X'.
                 wa_f4-chngeafter  = 'X'.
                 APPEND lwa_f4 TO lit_f4.

(   ASSIGN COMPONENT  2 OF STRUCTURE workarea TO <fs_vall>. also tried this )

0 Kudos

Did you put this statement  - er_event_data->m_event_handled = 'X'. After filling the table lit_f4.

I am also having a doubt that what value will the field-symbol <fs_val1> will get. Did you check the value in debugging.?

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you build your table? And your fieldcat?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a DB table with table names and field names, i have fetched the records and using that data  i have filed the  FIELDCAT through which i created the Dynamic table

former_member241258
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi , see below sample report for ur idea REPORT ZDEMO2. DATA:GO_CON TYPE REF TO CL_GUI_CUSTOM_CONTAINER,     GO_ALV TYPE REF TO CL_GUI_ALV_GRID. DATA:LT_VBAK TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF VBAK. DATA:LT_FCAT TYPE LVC_T_FCAT,     LS_FCAT TYPE LVC_S_FCAT. DATA:LT_F4 TYPE LVC_T_F4,     LS_F4 TYPE LVC_S_F4. CLASS LCL_F4HAND DEFINITION.   PUBLIC SECTION.   METHODS:HAND_F4 FOR EVENT ONF4 OF CL_GUI_ALV_GRID                         IMPORTING E_FIELDNAME                                   E_FIELDVALUE                                   ES_ROW_NO                                   ER_EVENT_DATA                                   ET_BAD_CELLS                                   E_DISPLAY. ENDCLASS. CLASS LCL_F4HAND IMPLEMENTATION.   METHOD HAND_F4.     *    write here u own f4 help code.     IF 1 = 3.           ENDIF.   ENDMETHOD. ENDCLASS. DATA:LO_F4 TYPE REF TO LCL_F4HAND. START-OF-SELECTION. CREATE OBJECT GO_CON   EXPORTING     CONTAINER_NAME              = 'CON'   EXCEPTIONS     CNTL_ERROR                  = 1     CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR          = 2     CREATE_ERROR                = 3     LIFETIME_ERROR              = 4     LIFETIME_DYNPRO_DYNPRO_LINK = 5     OTHERS                      = 6. CREATE OBJECT GO_ALV   EXPORTING     I_PARENT          = GO_CON   EXCEPTIONS     ERROR_CNTL_CREATE = 1     ERROR_CNTL_INIT  = 2     ERROR_CNTL_LINK  = 3     ERROR_DP_CREATE  = 4     OTHERS            = 5. CREATE OBJECT LO_F4. SET HANDLER LO_F4->HAND_F4 FOR GO_ALV. CLEAR LS_F4. LS_F4-FIELDNAME = 'VBELN'. LS_F4-REGISTER = 'X'. APPEND LS_F4 TO LT_F4. CALL METHOD GO_ALV->REGISTER_F4_FOR_FIELDS   EXPORTING     IT_F4  = LT_F4. SELECT * FROM VBAK INTO TABLE LT_VBAK WHERE KUNNR = '0000020028'. CLEAR LS_FCAT. LS_FCAT-FIELDNAME = 'VBELN'. LS_FCAT-SCRTEXT_L = 'Sales Order'. LS_FCAT-F4AVAILABL = 'X'. LS_FCAT-EDIT = 'X'. APPEND LS_FCAT TO LT_FCAT. CALL METHOD GO_ALV->SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY   CHANGING     IT_OUTTAB                    = LT_VBAK     IT_FIELDCATALOG              = LT_FCAT   EXCEPTIONS     INVALID_PARAMETER_COMBINATION = 1     PROGRAM_ERROR                = 2     TOO_MANY_LINES                = 3     OTHERS                        = 4. CALL SCREEN 100.

former_member241258
Active Participant
0 Kudos

REPORT ZDEMO2. DATA:GO_CON TYPE REF TO CL_GUI_CUSTOM_CONTAINER,     GO_ALV TYPE REF TO CL_GUI_ALV_GRID. DATA:LT_VBAK TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF VBAK. DATA:LT_FCAT TYPE LVC_T_FCAT,     LS_FCAT TYPE LVC_S_FCAT. DATA:LT_F4 TYPE LVC_T_F4,     LS_F4 TYPE LVC_S_F4. CLASS LCL_F4HAND DEFINITION.   PUBLIC SECTION.   METHODS:HAND_F4 FOR EVENT ONF4 OF CL_GUI_ALV_GRID                         IMPORTING E_FIELDNAME                                   E_FIELDVALUE                                   ES_ROW_NO                                   ER_EVENT_DATA                                   ET_BAD_CELLS                                   E_DISPLAY. ENDCLASS. CLASS LCL_F4HAND IMPLEMENTATION.   METHOD HAND_F4.     IF 1 = 3.     ENDIF.   ENDMETHOD. ENDCLASS. DATA:LO_F4 TYPE REF TO LCL_F4HAND. START-OF-SELECTION. CREATE OBJECT GO_CON   EXPORTING     CONTAINER_NAME              = 'CON'   EXCEPTIONS     CNTL_ERROR                  = 1     CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR          = 2     CREATE_ERROR                = 3     LIFETIME_ERROR              = 4     LIFETIME_DYNPRO_DYNPRO_LINK = 5     OTHERS                      = 6. CREATE OBJECT GO_ALV   EXPORTING     I_PARENT          = GO_CON   EXCEPTIONS     ERROR_CNTL_CREATE = 1     ERROR_CNTL_INIT  = 2     ERROR_CNTL_LINK  = 3     ERROR_DP_CREATE  = 4     OTHERS            = 5. CREATE OBJECT LO_F4. SET HANDLER LO_F4->HAND_F4 FOR GO_ALV. CLEAR LS_F4. LS_F4-FIELDNAME = 'VBELN'. LS_F4-REGISTER = 'X'. APPEND LS_F4 TO LT_F4. CALL METHOD GO_ALV->REGISTER_F4_FOR_FIELDS   EXPORTING     IT_F4  = LT_F4. SELECT * FROM VBAK INTO TABLE LT_VBAK WHERE KUNNR = '0000020028'. CLEAR LS_FCAT. LS_FCAT-FIELDNAME = 'VBELN'. LS_FCAT-SCRTEXT_L = 'Sales Order'. LS_FCAT-F4AVAILABL = 'X'. LS_FCAT-EDIT = 'X'. APPEND LS_FCAT TO LT_FCAT. CALL METHOD GO_ALV->SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY   CHANGING     IT_OUTTAB                    = LT_VBAK     IT_FIELDCATALOG              = LT_FCAT   EXCEPTIONS     INVALID_PARAMETER_COMBINATION = 1     PROGRAM_ERROR                = 2     TOO_MANY_LINES                = 3     OTHERS                        = 4. CALL SCREEN 100.