cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make downpayment with leakage to PO?

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FI Guru,

We need to make advance payment against PO.

If we use F-47, the amount is not linked to PO.

If we make IR against PO without GR, even though in MIGO, we put the PO no., we still can not see the PO no. in the FI doc.

Would you please offer your thought or solution?

Thank you,

Sally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

1. Activate the Business Function LOG_MMFI_P2P

2. Post this, you will see a PAYMENT Tab in the PO Header. You need to enter Down Payment Category (M-Mandatory, V-Voluntary) DP Amount and Due Date

3. Then in ME2DP, you will see the PO against which DP is to be made

4. You can use the Option Go To - > Create Down Payment in ME2DP inorder to create DP Request or DP (You can also use T Code FPDP_CREATE to do this)

5. This will bring you into F-47 / F-48, but track the History of DP and DP Request in the PO

Ajay M

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you so much,

So, without LOG_MMFI_P2P activated, there is NO way to link the DP to PO, is that correct?

Thank you,

Sally

0 Kudos

Hi,

Mention PO number during Down payment request(F-47) posting and check payment history tab in PO(ME23N) for Down payment details.

Thanks,

Madhusudhana P.

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusudhana P,

Pls see the screen shot below where there is no PO no field. So, I assume without the business function activated, PO no. is not available in F-47.

Pls confirm if it is the case.

Thank you,

Sally

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Document nos are internally generated by system, once you save the document. So do not mention the document no.

Regards,

Mukthar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Yes, in F-47, I put the PO no. in the reference only.

The FI doc is not linked to PO since the business function is not on.

Sally

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

You have to maintain the PO No. in the below highlighted field, then only it updates in the PO history.

Regards,

Mukthar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Unfortunately, that is not available.

I don't know how to config to make it ready for us.

Pls advise,

Sally

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

First check the which field status group assigned for the recon.account of the vendor in FS00? Then after go to OBC4/OB14, double click on  the above field status group and go to material management, here change the field status of purchase order as optional. Then it will appear for posting in F-47. Later you can maintain in it while posting.

Regards,

Mukthar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I use IDES in which the PO field is available in F-47.

But after the Down payment is made against the PO, there is no payment history shown in PO.

Pls extend yor help.

Sally

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Have you maintained PO details in the purchase order field in F-47? If it is, then share screen shot of it.

Regards,

Mukthar

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I know the PO no. , how to find the FI doc though?

Then I can send you the screenshot.

Thank you,

Sally

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

One more question, since the Downpayment is not GR based, can we make the down payment against the header of the PO given the fact that there are multi lines in the PO but the invoice is only one for the whole?

Pls kindly share your opinion.

Sally

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

As stated above if you activate the function LOG_MMFI_P2P, then you can achieve it. Otherwise, either you have to split the down payment PO item wise or post with any single PO item.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

there is standard option while making down payment through f-47,but make sure that PO option is there. (can do through field status group).

Regards

Bhaskar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.