cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a Portal Application Standalone DC doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Development Component "Portal Application Standalone".

In this DC I have created a Portal Application Object as documented here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55292

So after I have added the code and built the DC I can't deploy it because no ear-File is built. Otherwise it isn't possible to add the DC to an Enterprise Application DC.

Strangely enough, in the Context menu of the DC you have the possibility to deploy it but if you do that the message is thrown "There are no archives to deploy".

So, how can I deploy a Portal Application Standalone DC.

BR

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in my memory, you have to wrap it in ear dc since nw7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milen,

yes it is a Development Track. That is the way I have developed the DC.

Creating the DC:

Result:

Creating the Portal Application Object:

Add it to the DC:

Writing the code.

Build and Deploy it:

Can you reproduce the Problem?

Regards

Stefan

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I need to clarify: development with NWDI & stand-alone development are 2 separate types of development.

1. If you do use NWDI then the deployment will be done from the CMS once you have released and activate your activity - then deployment to DEV & CONS RunTime System (RTS) will be triggered,

2. The deployment to Quality and Production might be done after successful ASSEMBLY (again triggered from CMS)

3. I do not know why you have added your custom SCA as non-developed when you do have the source code for them (I believe). I mean your custom SCs which are not in yellow.

4. Please follow this document on how to create Activity and DC:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3204

Regards,

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the linked document it says at "6." Export the project to a ear file. Have you done these steps?

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the way for "classic" NWDS Projects. But I want to know how to deploy a NWDI Development Component of the type "Portal Application Standalone".

Regards

Stefan

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you would like to deploy " a NWDI Development Component " it has to come from development track.

Otherwise it is local stand-alone development which you deploy in .ear file the way Tobias has explained.

Is this a development track PORIN-NW750-S03 that has been imported from NWDI?

If yes, would you display the "Developed" SC in it? It is not visible on the screenshot

Regards,