Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move PDF to spool and get spool ID through code

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am converting a SAPSript using SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_PDF to convert a PDF which I email out using CL_BCS, I also need to be able to send the PDF to the LP01 SPOOL. How can I programatically force the PDF to the spool and retrieve the spool ID?

I have also tried conververting using CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF, however even though I have set ls_itcpo-tdgetotf = ' '.  I am not always getting a SPOOL ID which then will not allow the conversion to complete successfully. I have tried setting SAVE_OTF_SPOOL to 'ON' in RSTXPDF3 which does work, however the OSS note says not to leave this setting on for long.

I need to be able to both Email and send the PDF to the LP01 spool if there is an email address or just spool the PDF if there is no email address.

any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you already have the OTF data, why not submit that to spool? Function: PRINT_OTF.

Thanks,

Juwin

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you print the SAPscript form instead of the PDF? (because PDF is not native in SAP systems, which only print natively ABAP lists and OTF, converters are provided to convert these formats to printer formats PCL, PostScript (etc.))

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you already have the OTF data, why not submit that to spool? Function: PRINT_OTF.

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

Thanks Juwin,

That worked, thanks also Sandra for the input

Jim