cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Links in NWBC when assigning both AC and PC roles. GRC 10.1

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When assigning both AC and PC NWBC roles to a users, some of the links are missing in work center.

if i assign only any one of the role, then all the links are visible. problem occurs when assign both AC and PC roles.

for eg, if i assign AC nwbc role, i  can see "Myhome, Quck links, My delegation.." and for only PC nwbc role "My home, Quick links, My Objects..." are visible. when assigning both, i believe only AC relates links  in a work center are visible"

i have searched in SCN, but couldn't find any solution. Please let me know if any of you have had similar issue and found solution.

Thanks

Rajeev Varma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

For Layout you can ref below wiki link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57441

#How to Create and Maintain Customized Menu Items in GRC 10.0 - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN...

Ref Sap Note #1945697

Thanks & Regards,

Shaily

0 Kudos

Hi Shaily,

Thanks for your response, i have already tried creating new launch pad with "Option 3 – Build your own configuration for GRFN_SERVICE_MAP" as suggested in the document, but i got stuck in middle.

i have created a new configuration id by copying the standard one as shown below and tried to select the new lauchpad  that i have created, but while changing the config id to custom config id, i am getting the error(Error screenshot) saying specified config id does not exist.

any idea, do i have change/add/activate anything while creating the custom configuration.

scrrenshot_se80

Error Screenshot:

Thanks

Rajeev

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

To update all, basically we have two NWBC roles one specific to AC and other one is common role which has both AC and PC launch pad  related links. there is no specific PC NWBC role.

Whenever  both AC and common NWBC roles are assigned, some of the PC related links in NWBC work centers are missing.

We have to go only for the customization if we want to have PC specific launchpads.

Best links/documentation to follow to customize NWBC

http://events.asug.com/2013AC/Business%20Integration%20Technology%20&%20%20Infrastructure/0907%20Sec...

Thanks

Rajeev Varma

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

• Check this note to see if these BC Sets are activated or not.

1701366 - After installation work center links not appearing.

• Might sound too basic but did you happen to generate the roles? Please check that

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev Varma,

One of the possible reason for this is not activating the BC Sets properly.

Please check if you activated the BC Sets related to PC properly.

It will solve your issue.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your prompt response ,  there are some couple of BC that are not activated.

Any specific BC set that you would want me to check  for this specific issue.

PS: i am able to get all the work centers with proper  links if i am assigning only one NWBC role (either AC or PC).

Thanks

Rajeev Varma

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

Can you please check the below two notes - 2184745 and 1945697.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Silky Sharma,

Thanks for the reply,i have checked both the notes , 2184745  looks some what relevant, but all the launchpad parameters are already maintained as suggested by that note.

We are on GRC 10.1, &  SP8.

Thanks

Rajeev

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any suggestions?

Thanks