cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any ways to integrate JAM and Gamification services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can Gamification APIs' be triggered on creation of users/groups in JAM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Jam provides out-of-the box gamification vendor support for Bunchball - the Integration section of the SAP Jam Collaboration Administration Guide contains more details including the supported gamification actions. Group or user creation is not yet available as an action. Although, you could certainly use the Jam API to integrate with other gamification solutions.

If you can provide more details of your integration scenario then we could determine the best approach.

Feel free to contact me offline.

Thanks,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James. However, we are looking to integrate SAP JAM specifically with SAP gamification service. We are not looking for third party gamification providers like Bunchball. Please let us know if you have any pointers?

Our scenario is as follows.

Whenever a group is created on SAP JAM a corresponding team(along with members) should be created in SAP Gamification Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There isn't out-of-the-box integration between SAP Jam and the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Gamification service as yet - although the product teams have been discussing.

To address your scenario, you will likely need to build a custom integration that utilizes both the SAP Jam and the HCP Gamification APIs. You would need to query the SAP Jam API to identify if a new group has been created, obtain the group member details and then post a notification to the Gamification service.

With regards to the SAP Jam API, there are some recorded meet-the-expert sessions on using the API in the SAP enterprise support academy and can accessed vis the SAP Jam cloud value map. You can sign up for the Jam cloud value map at http://support.sap.com/valuemaps to access the recordings.

Also, feel free to contact me offline to discuss in more detail.

julienquester
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am investigating about the same, since we are working on a deal where gamification could be all around and a great use of HCP Gamification service.

So, there is no way to create hooks into SAP Jam, to make HCP gamification service calls, right? The only way is to develop a custom app, that would both take care of calling the Jam API, then the HCP Gamification API, right?

So, in the context of a custom HCP app, that would call:

• SuccessFactors Learning APIs
  • SAP Jam APIs
  • Hybris APIs (if exist?)

Then we could just hook each of the product calls, to an HCP Gamification Service call.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks.

AndreasWuerstle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello James,

for me, unfortunately incomprehensible. The SAP offers excellent services like SAP Gamification or SAP HANA Text Analysis, but manages not to integrate them into SAP Jam.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The SAP Jam Product team have been talking to the Gamification team regarding integration but there are no specific commitments at this point.

Thanks,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Your understanding is correct.

With the latest release of SAP Jam, we have introduced Push Notifications (Webhooks) that could be used to push data to the gamification service. You could also embed Gamification alerts/badges etc, in SAP Jam using OpenSocial Gadgets.

The SAP Jam Developer Guide provides a detailed overview of Webhooks and OpenSocial as well as tutorials, sample code/apps.

Feel free to reach out directly to discuss in more detail if appropriate.

Thanks,

James