Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z-report columns are not arranged properly for one user only

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We created a z-report long back and users were using it without any issues. Recently, a user reported an issue of column distortion in it's output. when other users run this report they do not get such distortion in the output: (screen shot attached here:)

When I compared input screen selection of this user, I found that his input screen contains few input fields as SAP table technical name and others users have all fields in text fields of this technical fields:

Could you please suggest me what is the issue behind this and how to resolve it?

Best regards

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding selection screen text, Please do text translation to appear it properly. Bcz i think that particular user is logging into SAP with different logon language.

And alignment issue has caused due to difference in header structures. Columns 'IV' and 'Original budget' are missing in first output header. Item data logic looks same for both cases.

12 REPLIES 12

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are both users logging on with same language?

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

Hi,

No, he is logging spanish . Actually this report is being used by users across globe so language should not be a barrier.

How can it be corrected?

Best Regards

Saurabh

Ashg1402
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are they using same NETWEAVER GUI of same version number?

0 Kudos

Yes, it's the same.

thanks.

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding selection screen text, Please do text translation to appear it properly. Bcz i think that particular user is logging into SAP with different logon language.

And alignment issue has caused due to difference in header structures. Columns 'IV' and 'Original budget' are missing in first output header. Item data logic looks same for both cases.

0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

You are right. Yes it's language translation issue..

Is the 'text translation' set pragmatically or if there is any manual setting that user can do himself (without changing logon language)?

Best Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

You can do text translation through tcode SE63. or in the report from menubar->  Goto Translation.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems to be a selection-screen, some translations are missing.

Even if programmer set the use ddic flag in selection text the parameters must be translated at least once (some translation of the flag is required.) even if the data elements behind are already translated (as WBS should be in your case)

From Development system translate the text in Spanish or English (languages seem already mixed?) with SE63 and transport the translations or the main (R3TR) object (report here) to quality and productive system.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The report was developed in Spanish and if we are trying ( with developers) to change it, we are not able to change because system is posing some restrictions which indirectly says that text translation can be done in spanish (ES) only.

Best Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Can you logon in Spanish and translate to English ?

Regards

0 Kudos

We tried but no success.

Thanks

0 Kudos
  • Which languages are installed  in your system? (transaction SMLT)
  • Which is the exact error message raised by SE63? (ok_code REPT, which language are dispplayed by default for transaction, can you select another language with F4, is switch source/target icon available)

Regards,

Raymond