Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Node in Service Request

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone let me know which node is used for Email functionality in Service Request?

My requirement is when the user clicks on Compose Email which he wants to send from within C4C and not via outlook, the "To" field should be empty.

Right now, it defaults to the email of the Contact person.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

MB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your response. I am able to achieve something than nothing using the Enhancement option ServiceRequestAgentWorkSpaceUIManageFeatures where we can overwrite the "To" email address.

But we cannot make it blank. If we leave as blank, it defaults to Contact email ID. So we just passing "," which is kind of ok for the business.

This will help someone looking for overwriting the "To" email on some conditions maybe based on Ticket Type.

Thanks.

Regards,

MB

Richie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi MB,

Where did you find doicumentation on the ServiceRequestAgentWorkSpaceUIMnageFeatures?

Thanks,

Richie.

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richie,

Even in Repository it does not give any good information of the use of this enhancement. I got this info from SAP colleagues where I can use this enhancement to overwrite "To" address.

Regards,

MB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ServiceRequest -> Buyerparty -> MainContactParty -> AddressSnapshot -> Email -> URI -> Content

Thanks, Pradeep.

former_member190818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

What you had mentioned is I can find the contact person email id.

But my requirement is to clear the mail ID when we click on Compose E-Mail within C4C. It defaults to Contact Email which we do not need to get defaulted.

Thanks.

Regards,

MB

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

I doubt that one can override the defaulting as the "To" adress is essential to an e-mail (like a key to BO instance).

Bye,

Horst

ludger_bunger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

One could try to extend the EmailActivity.

There int he AfterModify-Event you could try to detect whether the activity has been called from a ServiceRequest (using the document flow references).

If these conditions are met and it is the initial call (requiring an additional extension indicator) you could clear the destination email uri field.

Hope to Help,

Ludger