cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report display based on Time Period - Fiscal Term

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am back again with some more questions and would like you expert opinions on my queries.

In my model I have made use of  the Time Dimension which basically is a Hierarchy -

Time -

FISCTM1

April

May

June

July

August

September

FISCTM2

October

November

December

January

February

March

Now for exclusively selecting Dimension members in the report, I have made use of the Context Options and also using Page Axis with Dimension Override functionality.

With Dimension Override by referencing the Page Axis cell, I have tried accessing more than one Time Period, April, May and June, unfortunately for me, I am not able to see the data for all three periods; But when I just select one Period, April, I am able to see the data accordingly for Actual, Plan and Forecast.

Please find attached screenshots -

1. This is displaying the Cost Center (also a hierarchy); accessed from Page Axis, Category (Actual, Plan and Forecast) and the Time Period.

Time Period - April (Selected from Page Axis) - April.jpg

2. Next I have selected multiple Time Periods for which the Sheet refreshes as per screenshot attached. Multisel.jpg

As seen in the screenshots, when multiple periods are selected, the data is not displayed but the Time Period references the default Page Axis value, FISCTM1.2015.

Kindly advise how to get the data for the selected members from the Page axis in the report where Dimension members are overridden using page axis cell as reference.

Also, I would like to know if it is possible, as seen in the above Hierarchy display of Time, when the Page Axis selection is made with one of the Time Periods for a Fiscal Term, that all the other Periods before the selected period for that Term can be displayed or not automatically in the report.

Example - If June is selected for FISCTM1 - then April, May and June should be displayed, likewise if August is displayed, April, May, June, July and August is to be displayed.

Looking forward to your favorable responses.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show a screenshot of time dimension administration? I am not able to understand the logic...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Vadim, please find attached screenshot

Regards,

Sachin

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange time hierarchy only 2 quarters and some months...

Former Member
0 Kudos

FISCTM1 - April - September (April - June - Quarter 2) (July - September - Quarter 3)

FISCTM2 - October - March (October - December - Quarter 4) (January - March - Quarter 1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what about year total? Not sure you have a correct hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

FISCPER - FISCTM1, FISCTM2

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Incorrect. Each year need to have separate total node

P.S. And no single root! Please look on the sample time hierarchy in the environment  shell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vadim, I have maintained it as this.

FISCPER 2015 - FISCTM1 2015; FISCTM2 2015

FISCTM1 2015 - Apr - Sep

FISCTM2 2015 - Oct - Mar

Similarly for all other Years.

Regards,

Sachin.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read also: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1744366

All member properties has to be set correctly!

And multiple time member selection is a bad idea in general. What for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Vadim, I will get back to you after having done some revisions.

Regards,

Sachin

P.S - Thanks a lot for spending your valuable time on my issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

I have maintained the correct Hierarchy for Time, please find attached screenshot.

I was able to work through my requirement that was stated here and the report looks fine now after review.

I had another question related to the report, I want to include two new column headers that are not part of the Dimension; these members will take the average of the data for the Time Period.

If I am taking my 1st Half Year - April - September; the 1st Column Header should calculate and display the average of Periods April-June and the 2nd Column Header should calculate and display the average of Periods July-September.

How do I maintain the Column Headers for this report and
calculate the Average of the Actual columns and populate it against Quarter 1 and Quarter 2.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Sachin.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Average you can use custom measure...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you kindly elaborate please, I haven't quite understood the term Custom Measure.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you need to read help and search forum. Then try do something yourself...

Custom Measure Formulas - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver - SAP L...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will do.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

For the requirement -

1. This is displaying the Cost Center (also a hierarchy); accessed from Page Axis, Category (Actual, Plan and Forecast) and the Time Period.

Time Period - April (Selected from Page Axis) - April.jpg

2. Next I have selected multiple Time Periods for which the Sheet refreshes as per screenshot attached. Multisel.jpg

As seen in the screenshots, when multiple periods are selected, the data is not displayed but the Time Period references the default Page Axis value, FISCTM1.2015.

Kindly advise how to get the data for the selected members from the Page axis in the report where Dimension members are overridden using page axis cell as reference.

===================================================================================

I was able to get the solution by giving the Page Axis Dimension as ID and no ID and Description.

From another blog I was able to understand that, that for this function to work only the ID is to be displayed.

So now I am able to view for multiple Time Periods.

Thanks for putting an effort to look into this requirement of mine, but I still have the other requirement where I would like the Periods for the FISCTM1 to be displayed based on the Time Period that we give in the selection in the Page axis.

Example - If June is selected for FISCTM1 - then April, May and June should be displayed, likewise if August is displayed, April, May, June, July and August is to be displayed for that FISCTM1 - Fiscal Term.

Regards,

Sachin