cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC offline Mode Input schedule import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to bring back data from an offline input schedule to bpc nw.  When I open Excel, everything is fine, until I connect to bpc, then the input schedule gets a REFRESH and my data is gone.

Somehow I have one example where this is working fine - but I cannot find the setting to reproduce this for other reports. I checked all User and sheet options, they are all the same.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

best regards

stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry but now we have the same problem again...

we generated like 800 offline Input shedules and get them back from planning users. every thing is fine.

next step - open excel file and LogON to emp environment all values are gone!

It seams that EPM puts the offline Excel into Online Mode and generates all data new.

sheet option: Refresh "Refresh Data in the Whole File when Opening It" is not acitive. so I can not understand why epm act like this.

thank you for your help.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already told you, create a simple form and perform all steps.

Show screenshots!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I will try. Here you can see the output from distrubution wizzard. there is no EPM formula anymore. I think this causes the problem. upload will fail! because bpc will refresh the report an all values are gone afterwards.

when I put the Input form into Offline mode manully I will get excel forumals like this.

=WENN(_epmOffline....)

In this case, UPLOAD will work finde.

so I have two questions now.

1. Why did I get the first outcome like this? did I something wrong?

2. Is there any way to bring the data back into the system, because I have all offline Layouts like you can see in the fist picture.

thank you for your help

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Why did I get the first outcome like this? did I something wrong?"

Sorry, looks like you don't understand me or don't want to spend some time!

Create new template and perform all steps illustrating each step!

Also show screenshot of User options - Other - Offline mode.

"Is there any way to bring the data back into the system, because I have all offline Layouts like you can see in the fist picture." - file has to be investigated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

now I found out why my outcome looks like this... as you arleady mentioned User OPTION: others, offline Mode "static offline Withour protection" MUST NOT be activated.

Unfortunately the user how generated all the files, had this Option actived. this is a huge problem now. Is there any way to bring the Data back into the system (not manually)???

thank you for your help Vadim, Its not that I dont want to spent time - but we are facing some big problemes with offline planning...

do you have any idea/workaround to solve this Issue?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like my answers are not helpful!

"static offline Withour protection" MUST NOT be activated." I have told about it in June!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right...so user options are individual. the person who generated the input schedules unfortunately had this option activ...

so I understand, there is no way to get the data back into the system...

not good

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About solution - complex vba code will do the job!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For sure, user options are individual - "user" options

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"so I understand, there is no way to get the data back into the system..."

Incorrect, it's possible to create vba code that will transfer data from wrong templates to the empty correct templates!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for one of my input schedules it works fine, all EPM formulas will be kept in excel, so I also can use the collection wizzard tu bring the data back to the system.

Its only the Report part in my workbook causing the problems

First of all I tried to save the report and the input schedule in offline Mode, but then I was not able to bring the data back to bpc.

what went wrong?

I received the offline excel, I opend it, I connected to epm and the excel got a refresh from database and all user input data was gone.

same problem with collection wizard, "no data" was uploaded from offline mode input files.

that is why I stopped trying with offline mode

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you have to understand how Excel work!

For each cell both formula and value are saved.

When you open file not all cells are recalculated.

If the cell is not recalculated the formula is not checked (for the correct function) - no error shown!

If the formula contain link to another cell or some variable parameter - then it will be recalculated and the error will be shown!

For the offline mode, please try again! It work absolutely fine. Please read help "30 Offline Mode", ensure that you don't use "Static Offline Mode without Worksheet Protection"!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

ok - I checked this option and we do not use "static offline mode"

but one more question - now we plan Data within Excel "offline", we get the file back and I want to bring the data back into BPC. Therefore I Logon BPC with Excel Client, I open the file and press SAVE Data. the Data will be sent to BPC, I get the notification, successfully saved but then, all Data in my input schedule disappears. After a refresh, there is no data anymore. Do you have any Idea?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but if you "get the notification, successfully saved", then the data is saved!

Looks like you are doing something wrong, but I can't help you without detailed info.

Try to perform absolutely simple test and show all steps and screenshots...

Vadim

Astha_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try BPC Distribution and Collection functionality instead of using offline templates and saving data.

Astha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Distribution and Collection put it automatically into offline mode, I only have to provide the input file to one person - so Distribution and Collection would cause to much overhead.

the reason  my "saved data" wasn displayed is solved, somehow again I had "freeze data Regeneration" in my Report options activated... there are so many option, Report/User/Sheet so sometimes I get confused during testing

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Continue accurate testing of the offline mode and you will have the result!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

ok - we tested and we have a nice solution - but  there are just some cells or lines within excel which are now protected (no data can be inserted). We do not have any cell protection implemented anymore and this occurs just after switching to offline mode and editing excel without bpc.

thanks for any hint to solve this issue

stephen

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not clear! "some cells or lines within excel" - ???

Start with SIMPLE input form!

Implement cell locking and protection.

Show results!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S Please read also my document

If your input form is dynamic you can use Formatting sheet to apply locked/unlocked to the data area...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

thank you for your advice, first of all, short answers to your questions

And:

• open the input form in bpc
  • refresh my data for the report
  • save as local disc
  • close bpc - What do you mean? -->logOff Connection
  • open file with excel - on the same PC? With EPM installed? --> different PC, no EPM installed
  • error occurs (only in report tab, not in input tab) settings are the same) only difference, reports selects two or more members in page axis dimensions

I also got the new patch level (3) today.

Unfortunately I still get #Name? error in our report page header.

Content of Excel cell #name? is

=FPMXLClient.TechnicalCategory.EPMOlapMultiMember after saving it to annother pc

in EPM online Environment its =EPMOlapMultiMember.... I selected two members of one dimension for the report.

best regards and thank you in advance

stephen

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you open file on the PC without EPM installed you will always have errors in the cells with EPM functions. EPM functions are not recognized by Excel without EPM add-in - no surprise

To avoid the errors - Offline mode has to be used. Look on the formula after you switch offline!

The only alternative is 100% static report with real headers hidden.

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. Also please provide screenshot of User options -> Other!

Former Member
0 Kudos

so know I got a new problem, because I do not transfer the input schedule in offline Mode, after sending ist via email - some (not all) cells with =EPMOlapMember Formals show #NAME?

of course, this is not what we want...

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Details, screenshots, etc...

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have many customers using offline distribution for collecting and saving data.  Please provide the screen prints of all your option settings and also the version of EPM Add-in and the steps that you follow for saving the input form.

Best Regards,

Leila Lappin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leila,

first of all, that sounds good. I already was a little bit afraid, that using the collection wizard is not supported for single offline planned forms.

Our Excel contains two tabs, one for Input and one report, the reports gets the following error #NAME? after saving it via EXCEL function "save as" local disc.

for your Information, I do not convert the bpc file in offline mode, because afterwards I cannot save the data (manual or via wizzard) within BPC

thank you for your help, is there any information missing?

step-by-step description.

• save as local disc
  • close bpc
  • open file with excel
  • error occurs (only in report tab, not in input tab) settings are the same) only difference, reports selects two or more members in page axis dimensions

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Please upgrade your EPM to SP25 Patch 3 (Patch1 has issues!)

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And:

• save as local disc
  • close bpc - What do you mean?
  • open file with excel - on the same PC? With EPM installed?
former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

This checkbox is/was unchecked -but I got one step further. I must not put the input schedule in "offline mode", If I just save it on my local desktop "save as", within excel the report cells show EPM formulas like =EPMOlapMemberO("P_ACCOUNT].... , because of this after connecting from normal excel to bpc I can save my data. It souds weird but It actually solved my problem. Is there any disadvantages I should keep in mind, distributing Excel files like this to offline planning users?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No big issues without offline mode!