Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon connection with an SAProuter string

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

HI!

After upgrade of NWBC 6.0 to PL5 and SAP GUI 7.40 to PL9 I'm facing an issue: I can't connect using an NWBC system selector to an SAP ABAP application server which is configured using SAProuter string. I get an error "partner **** not reached". Whereas using system selector of SAP GUI itself (SAP Logon) I can connect to the same system without any troubles. Prior to update everything worked. Please tell me this is a known bug? If not, please advice how to solve/trace an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey, hi everyone with this problem:

I have mailed support regarding this. They have asked each of you to do the following: "please open a ticket with the detailed description about how to reproduce the issue step by step, the screenshots of error popup including details, the configuration xml files and the trace files (please set SAP Logon trace to the highest level before NWBC is started) attached"

If you give me the OSS number (eg by DM on SCN), I will both chase this up, and will communicate any useful solution or workaround here.

Thanks a lot and best wishes

Julie R Plummer.

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Julie.

Unfortunatelly, I personally cannot post an OSS incident because our customers don't use Business Client, only some developers do. If you have communication channels with BC support/developers, could you please send them another issue related to BC: ?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie.

Tracing indicates the route string assigned in the SAP GUI 740 PL9 is not being passed correctly to Business Client PL6

Using the same connection entry between both clients I can connect via SAP GUI with sapni_XXX.trc indicating a route string of

TmCreateGuiLogin: DP_GUI_CONNECT_LEN=143

connect to dispatcher on host /H/XXXXX209S/H/99.999.99.144/H/88.88.8.168/S/3215

RouteString </H/XXXXX209S/H/99.999.99.144/H/88.88.8.168/S/3215>

However the sapni_YYY.trc when accessing via SAP BC PL6 indicates the rout string is missing completely

TmCreateGuiLogin: DP_GUI_CONNECT_LEN=143

connect to dispatcher on host /H/88.88.8.168/S/3215

RouteString </H/88.88.8.168/S/3215>

I will create an incident and post the traces tomorrow when I'm back in the office, hopefully support can check this easily enough on internal systems in the meantime.

Edit #1: Incident has now been logged with SAP Support (320381 / 2016)

Edit #2: I can now confirm that the a connection with SAProuter string worked under these patch levels and only stopped working after the installation of SAP GUI 740 PL9

GUI740Y/NSAPBCY/N
PL7YPL2Y
PL4Y
PL8YPL4Y
PL6Y
PL9YPL6N
Uninstall PL6 / Reinstall PL4N
Reinstall PL6N

Thanks for your assistance on this issue.

Kind Regards

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirming the issue with BC6 PL6 and GUI 7.40 PL9 for system entries with router string.

Downgrading GUI to PL8 resolved the issue, but apparently SAP needs to fix the issue with the latest PLs (BC PL6 and GUI PL9).

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Support indicating that they cannot reproduce the issue on SAPGUI740 PL9 and SAPBC PL6.

They have asked me to apply SAPGUI740 PL10 (due this week) and to return the case if the issue persists after patching.

Regards

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP released BC PL7 and GUI PL10 this week. I have tried this combination system entries with router string still won't connect. Downgrading GUI back to PL8 seems to work, so until SAP fixes the issue, the workaround might be to keep GUI at PL8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

just for my understanding and to identify the root cause:

Which type of connection are you using when you get this error message ? Is this a SAP Logon connection started via BC or a HTTP based BC connection ?

Can you also please check if the connection works fine if you start a SAP Logon connection via Business Client where the SAPRouter string is not used ?

Best Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

i´m not Andrey, but i´ve the same problem.

Starting SAP LogOn via BC6 (PL6) works fine without routerstring.

The described error message only occures for those LogOns using the routerstrings. (Gui 740 PL9)

kind regards
Sebastian

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Thomas!

In my previous message where I guessed that it was fixed with PL6, I was wrong. SAProuter string is still ignored. I connected to the system succesfully because our basis gave us a direct access to the system so the SAProuter is not needed anymore.

Concerning the problem: it's a standard SAP Logon connection started via BC. It seems that BC simply ignores SAProuter field and tries to connect directly to the system. In the same time direct SAP Logon connection (not using BC) works fine (for me).

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

Seems to be fixed in PL6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

FYI, BC PL6 and SAPGUI PL9 installed, still not working when a SAProuter String is used

Regards,

Sam_W1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey,

I've the same problem. I still had the previous installer of the Business client (level 4) on my pc. Uninstalling and reinstalling this version didn't resolve the problem, so I think it is linked to the patch 9 of the SAP Gui.

However, I need to download again the SAP Gui... This always takes some time 8-). I'll get back to this when it's done.

Edit: uninstalled ans installed gui with patch level 8 (and BC level 5). This works again!

Kr,

Sam

Message was edited by: Samuel Walravens

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you look in BC System Selector. do you see the connected Router in the relevant field?

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Fredrik!

Yes, I see it in connection properties window. But it seems that BC ignores this property, no matter how I fill it.

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you downgrade to a previous version to see if it worked? You stated in the start it stopped after upgrade.

/fredrik

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I found that it's still working using SAP Logon separately from BC.

diwheeler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I had this too. I didn't find a solution for it; due to time constraints and needed to get working again quickly, I uninstalled everything and then re-installed again to older patch levels as I didn't have the time to resolve it.

Interestingly the same connection did work when you connect via SAP GUI.

best regards,

Dianne