Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM Table use in multiple interfaces

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to BRM and below are my confusions after working on few tables.

1) If we want to use the same BRM table in 2 interfaces, one for inbound and another for outbound.I cannot see a flexibility to configure table fields as inbound and outbound. So, I created 2 tables with same values one for inbound and another for outbound. Is there any way to use it with one table, as creating same table with same values 2 times seems inefficient to me.Please suggest.

2) Name of the rules, SOAP channel and UDF is there any standards for these? We are using according to our requirement but it doesn't look good/standard to be presented. Let me know if there is any points on this.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

i don't know if i got this right. You want to re use a DecisionTable in several Rulessets? If yes you can try to use the ReuseableRuleset. I think it is possible to do so with that kind of Ruleset.

Regards,

Tobias

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Yes I want to use the same decision table in several requests.

I searched on scn but cannot find any documentation for the Reuseable Ruleset. By any means do you have any links/docs to share as an example how to use it?

Thanks,

Nidhi

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

it seems like this will only work inside the same project (at least i could not find out how to use it across projects). You can simply create a ReuseableRuleSet in your RulesProject. Define your table there. If this is done, you can create a FlowRule for example, open the MainFlow and add a evaluation of a DecisionTable. On the properties view, you can brows the available Tables and should find your DT from the ReuseableRulesSet.

Regards,

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is no proper documentation provided by SAP to use this New Reusable ruleset. So, we have decided to use the previous method itself.

Thanks,

Nidhi