cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Include Infopackage in process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Users,

I am new to processchains Can any plz guide me how to schedule a Infopackage with a processchain.

I have to extract data from R/3 to BW everyday in the Mid-Night.I created a Infopackage and I want to run this Infopackage by using a processchain which shud run at a defined time.The processing type is PSA and then into Data Target.

Can any plz tell me wat are the process Variants I am suppose to select and how to include the Infopackage in the Processchain. Step by Step answers will be awarded more points

Thanks in Advance

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can schedule your Infopackage to "Start Immediately" since your process chain is what will be scheduled.

Us RSPC to create your process chain. When you first create a process chain, you will be prompted for a Start variant (Start process). Here is where you define the start conditions of your process chain. Choose Direct Scheduling. The parameters are the same as creating a batch job.

After saving your start process, you need to add your infopackage. On the left side of the screen you should see your process types with headings as General Services, Load Process and Post-Processing, Data Target Administration, etc. Open Load Process and Post-Processing.

Click and drag Execute InfoPackage into the process chain area where your Start process is. You will be prompted for the Infopackage. Select you infopackage and saave the process. Next connect the Start process to your Infopackage. Click and hold on the Start process and drag over your Infopackage (you should see an arrow develop).

Save your Process Chain, then Activate and Schedule. Play around a lot and you will get the hang of it!

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Geo Thank you Very Much for your Answers and It worked Fine.

I have small query.

If I want to run the process chain twice in day means how to schedule the timings .

Can you please clear my doubt.

Thanks in Advance

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your Start variant, go to Change Selections. When prompted for the Start Time, at the bottom select Periodic Job and press the Period Values button. This will prompt you for how often the Start process (ie. your process chain) will repeat. You can select Other Period, and enter 12 hours. By doing this, your process chain will execute every 12 hours from the start date and time you enter.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goe ,

Thank you Very Much for your Answer and ii is working Fine.I have awarded you with points.Goe can you plz send me ur email id to sanjaymbw@gmail.com

Thanks you Once again

Sanjay M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

process chain should include the following proces types:

start

delete index

execute infopackage ( drag this process type and create variant and select your infopackage)

create infopackage

save all your changes and activate the chain and execute. before execute if you want to schedule immediately double click process type start and click change selection and check immediate. other wise specify data and time.

regards,

vsn