cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TDMS Time Reduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Transferring Data using time base reduction,  how much historical  data will be transferred before the slice date.

I found this image in one of the guides.

For example, in accounting if user decided to move data from 1 Jan 2016 until date of execution,  let us say the invoice/payment happens Jan 05, 2016 and the process is  Procure to Pay - PR > Sourcing > Evaluation/Awards > Contract > PO > Goods Receipt > Invoice > Payment

the data in  the PR and Sourcing happened way back like September. How complete will the data be?  how much historical data will TDMS carry forward? and even though we move back the date the question will still be what about those data near that slice date?

thanks in advance

Doms

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TDMS is created to deliver consistent data from the slice date.

It is my impression that this is not always the case although the number of inconsistencies is

very limited.

Regards,

Eddy Rombaux

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the process of Data Selection, TDMS does consider the relative integrity of the Data. In your case, I would assume it will transfer the PO related data along with Invoice Data. Otherwise it can skip the entire Invoice data considering the PO transaction data does not fall under the Data slice period. I would recommend opening a message to SAP on this one.

Regards,

Prasath