Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure value in Facet mismatch with same value displayed in Graph table

singh_rajndr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have integrated HANA VDM's with explorer tool. However some information spaces behave awkwardly.

In the facet area, against dimension values, measure value is different then shown in the graph table.

Once I sort the dimension in facet area, by value, it shows the correct data as shown in graph table.

You can see the attachment for more clarification.

Facet Area:

Graph Table:

After Sort action measure value in facet area:

Regards

Rajender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

singh_rajndr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All Thanks for suggestions,

We have provide all the log files and generated SQL query to SAP , still they are struggling why explorer behaving like this. We waiting for the solution.

The SQL query generated by explorer tool only result wrong data. Now don't know weather its HANA issue or Explorer tool.

Regards

Rajender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please conduct a quick test with Webi report and share the results.

Can you confirm if  the SQL is different in graph Vs Facet area in explorer?

Regards,

Mithilesh

singh_rajndr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mithilesh,

I checked it and it only fire one query for both facet and graph in explorer.

I will try to check with webi also.

But the generated query also return wrong result in HANA studio, So the fault is with query how it is generated. and the binding the data with both component.

Regards

Rajender Singh

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found that there is a KBA 1725673 about "1725673 - Inconsistent query results against HANA View in SAP Explorer 4.0", where we can find this :

"Symptoms :

• Different totals are showing in the facets area compared to the charts area (incorrect)
  • Changing the sort order for the facet on the top, and the key figures start to match the totals at bottom
  • The behavior only seems to happen on “complex” HANA models
  • Query directly in HANA Studio shows correct data

"

I don't know if this KBA looks like to your issue ?

Arnaud,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajender,

I would suggest to see what is happening in Webi report on top of same source.

If its with explorer only, you can check the explorer exploration server traces to see the SQL being sent to source. (Exploration server trace: As your Infospace is on HANA).

In order to capture SQL, you will need to click on refresh button in Infospace.

Above step will confirm if it is something from DB or from Infospace itself which is causing the problem.

Also try to duplicate the issue with new or simplest Infospace created of the same or different source so that this can be investigated by SAP further if Needed.

Regards,

Mithilesh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajender,

Looks like Explorer is applying the Group By when you select the sort.  You can try to force the Group By in the back-en HANA &/or Universe.

• What version BI / Explorer are you running ?

Regards,

Ajay

singh_rajndr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank for reply. However didn't create any group in information space not even in HANA VDM's.

Its working fine for many VDM's but only for three VDM's and information space it is giving.

difference  I tried recreation of Information space. If I add 2 fields then it works fine.

version is 14.1.6

Regards

Rajender SIngh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajender,

The adding of the two objects proves that proper Group By (SQL) is not being generated.  I would suggest you add the two objects and then hide them within facet view.

Regards,

Ajay

singh_rajndr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you please elaborate with example. Because i haven't created any group. And why its is working fine for other queries or views.

Second the group by is default for all the columns.

Regards

Rajender Singh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you look Explorer log file in order to extract HANA request when you 'sort' facet.

You should have an SQL request sent to HANA (line would start with 'Execute SQL :' I guess)

Maybe we would have more details and could explain what happen for your issue...

Regards,