Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after deleted custom field

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I tried to extend a view from CRM by adding a field to a view. I did probably something wrong and the CRM started to create short dumps when I accessed that particular view. After deleting the custom fields enhancement, I still get an error message/short dump and I don't find anything wrong.

Let me take you through the process:

1. Followed the links like How To Enhance a Web UI Component in SAP CRM - CRM - SCN Wiki, , https://scn.sap.com/thread/1387027 to enhance the view BT111S_OPPT.

As you can see there the third field ZZFLD0000G, was added by me (the other 2 custom fields where ok, and everything worked fine bore I added the third one).

2. I started receiving short dumps like:

Regarding an implementation not done right. I assumed it was mine so I started the delete process.

3. I selected the extension created by me previously (first line in the first view, you can check the existing filed in the second view):

4. I saved and generated the view/component. As you can see the view has no longer the third custom field.

I only found one "error" which I cannot solve (and I don't know if it solves the short dump) by using "Perform Checks" button in the enhancement screen (GUI):

The web age that opens is directing me to the config page (where you can see that it said "DELETED"):

Do you guys have an idea how can I solve the issue ?

Thank you in advance,

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Marius

vineet_kaul
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

does the implementation class still show the methods for the deleted field. If yes then please try to delete the same from the class as well.

Regards

Vineet

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marius

rajashree_palkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just check whether respective Tables are Active or Partially Active. If it still Partially active then there may be chances of getting runtime error even after deleting enhancements.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Thank you.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I think the new field has not been removed from the view configuration id...hence it is trying to refer the field when view is launched and causing the dump.

Have you checked the view configuration ?

Jagdish

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

No I haven't. Would you be so kind to point me in he right direction ?

I'm not sure if u're referring to this view:

Thank you,

Marius

0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Goto the third tab 'Configuration' --> choose the configuration id (which is in use).

Check whether the field is there in the Displayed/Available fields. If yes, then you have to remove the field from the configuration id.

Jagdish

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Even after deleting the file (row) from that view, I still get an error in the web CRM

Got any other ideas I could try ?

Thank you,

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the GET_TABLE_LINE_SAMPLE method which shows it is redefined currently and the context class is not a Z class.

Thanks,

Karthik