cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio SDK ResultSet for hierarchy using duplicate nodes missing duplicates?

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I was playing with the SDK and hierarchys today when I noticed that the framework passing me the data (property of type ResultSet) is missing the duplicate nodes from the hierarchy. I would either expect it to return two values with the same key on the members but with different parents or an array of parents if there shall be only one entry with the same key.

Is that behavior by design? Let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marin,

excellent observation.

We detected the same problem when implementing hierarchies in our Spreadsheet component - which uses part of the SDK to bring data to the browser: Each hierarchy node has an own collapse/expand state and a different parent.

To solve this without breaking existing SDK components - that expect each member to appear only once, we have a new option:

<option name="repeatHierarchyNodes" value="true"/> .

In this case you will get hierarchy nodes multiple times as part of the dimension.

The feature was introduced in 1.6 SP 2 ( if I remember correctly). It was not documented so far, as it is something really special.

Best regards,

Reiner.

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that this option works as of SP2.

Thanks Reiner for getting back to me so quickly.

Kind regards

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Curious, are these linked nodes?

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, they are actually only simple duplicates. Judging from my previous findings I would expect that linked nodes are also truncated to only one sub tree so that some information is lost.