cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM activities from ADSUBCON 543 movement type

0 Kudos

Has anyone worked with ADSUBCON which creates IM movement type 543 for the lower assembly?

IM movement type 543 is assigned to movement type 255 in WM but no TR is getting generated even though create TR field is set to "X" in tcode OMLR.

When we perform Post goods receipt for the higher assembly the component gets movement type 543 assigned but I do not see the TR.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen and Android:

You are right in the fact that i shouldn't be taking stock from 902, it doesn't make sense as you stated.  I copied the std. sap movement type 601 and the source had 902 as the storage type and like Juergen stated I should let the pick strategy find the available stock.  Thanks you both.  I no longer have negative stock

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to see that the issue is solved, please close the discussion:

0 Kudos

Android:

Business Scenario:

We have a part (Child) that role into a higher (parent) and the child part that needs to be sent to a supplier for repair.

Demand is created and purchase order is generated with item category of “L” for subcontracting.  On the PO line the parent is listed and the component is rolled to the parent as described above.

We execute ADSUBCON to create the delivery then we are planning to create TO from the delivery via LT03 referencing the delivery number created from ADSUBCON.  (TO is created where from storage type is 902 and destination is storage type 916).   When the TO is created 902 storage type has a negative stock of 1 (-1) under “available stock” and “pick quantity has positive stock (+1) and the 916 has the positive stock 1 (1) under “stock for  putaway” in LS26. 

When we confirm the TO; 902 still type has a negative stock of 1 (-1) under “available stock”  and for 916 storage type “stock putaway” becomes zero (0) and “available stock” under 916 becomes positive 1 (+1).

We are planning to perform PGI via ADSUBCON which will triggers 541 for the component.   Inventory that is sitting in 916 disappears but the quantity in 901 remains as negative stock (-1) under available stock.   Please note there is no TR or TO that gets generated from the 541 but the warehouse stock is updated in LS26.

Now the supplier send the part to us so we do a goods receipt via MIGO 101 on the PO then confirm the TO.   Inventory that remains the same in LS26 for the component.  I am assuming this since 543 that was executed for the component of the 101 performed has no storage location.  There are no TR or TOs created for the component.  Also makes me wonder how 541 in the above step was able to update the stock in LS26 (inventory in 916 disapeared).

I am expecting this negative stock to disappear otherwise I have to manually move this material via manual TO creation which is not what I desire.

Hope this make sense. Thanks in advance.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>(TO is created where from storage type is 902 and destination is storage type 916)<<<

what sense does this make, what do you want to achieve with this setup?

if you want to send goods to a vendor with a delivery then there will not really be any difference in the WM process  that is used to send goods to a customer.

You create a TO to move goods to storage type 916 from which the delivery posts the goods issue. The goods that you move are somewhere in your warehouse and your picking strategy should be setup to find it.

picking directly from another interim storage type is called cross docking in SAP,  means the goods go directly from receiving area to issue area without moving into the regular bins.

Is this the reason why you pick from 902?

The problem here is usually that the incoming goods which create a positive quant in 902 will use dynamic storage bins, and this is then different to the "bin" from which you removed the quantity. hence you get negative quants. And you probably have also positive quants in 902 with another bin number. If you have no positive quant in 902,  then your TOs do not mirror the reality, then you move other quantities physically than with TOs, then you move to and from different places than you actually record in your TOs.

former_member591449
Participant
0 Kudos

Wow Tommy, the more you explain the more confusing this gets .

For the system to take the stock from 902 rather than the actual Whs storage types is bizarre. But I think the problem here may have something to do with your delivery type and subsequent item cat determination.

• What delivery type are you using for the OBD created wrt the purchase order from ADSUBCON?
  • What is the item category within said OBD ?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Android: What do you mean by item category determination?  We have been doing ADSUBCON with IM for many years and we have always used 543.  Note we are implementing WM after 10 years of IM only.

Juergen:

the bin for the negative quant is std. SAP "WE-ZONE".

After I confirm the TO from picking, I get a positive 1 in 916 and negative 1 in 902.  After I PGI (543 movement type) the positive 1 from 916 disappears but the negative 902 remains.

After I receive the parent negative 902 still remains as described above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy

Std mvts for SC are:

541 - Transfer Posting to SC Vendor - If using WM a TR/TO will be generated.

542 = Transfer posting to SC vendor reversal - If using WM a TR/TO will be generated

543 - Goods issue from SC Vendor Stocks - IM transaction so no TR/TO generated.

For the past 10yrs, when ever you have used 543, you have consumed stock from the SC Vendor site. Yet it sounds as if you expecting mvt 543 to issue the child components from the warehouse stock.

Maybe start again listing the exact process steps (incl txn/mvt/expected results) as I'm getting confused.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response and that is what I was afraid of regards to how would WM know what to do without storage location.

When we create delivery and issue the child part, it creates a 543 movement and I can create the TR/TO to remove the part from the warehouse and moves the material to 902 storage type.

We receive this material parent via migo and the child part is received under the parent.

The issue I am seeing is that there is a negative stock in storage type 902.

How can I solve this?  Not sure if it can be without custom routine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your child component delivery creates a 543 movement, then the problem is with your item cat determination.

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the quant bin  for this negative quant? Is it the delivery number or a purchase order number or anything else what is familiar?

Do you have a positive quant of the same material anywhere else?

Why is it in 902. 902 is usually a storage type to receive material, and a negative quant would be created if a receipt was cancelled.

Goods issues for deliveries should actually be posted from 916.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ADSUBCON is nothing more than an enhanced ME20N but as Juergen says, the backend functionality is exactly the same in that firstly, you have to issue the 'child' component to the vendor using mvt 541, which creates the TR/TO for you to issue the stock from the warehouse. At this point, the 'child' components are no longer systematically in the warehouse, as they are physically at the vendor site and only visible via MMBE which is IM only.

As such, when you receipt the SC/PO for the 'parent' material via ADSUBCON, the consumption of the 'child' components happens automatically from the IM vendor stock, hence no TR/TO in WM.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know ADSUBCON, but the usual subcontracting is that you deliver components to a vendor, and the consumption of components happens during the goods receipt and from the special stock at vendor

Special stock at vendor is a plant level if you look into your MMBE stock overview, there is no storage location, and without storage location SAP cannot find the link to the warehouse via table T320, hence it cannot know that you manage your vendor in your warehouse and not create any TR in the warehouse.