Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2016

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

This is our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2016 Thread.

If you have questions about 2016 Year-End reporting, you can post it on this thread.

This thread will be updated with tips and SAP Notes related to this subject.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Graziela Dondoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

The following KBA has been created:

2351628 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2016

In this KBA I will centralize all the notes that are important to the Year End and corrections not just for Tax Reporter, but the ones that can impact Year End.

Kind regards,
Graziela

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Graziela,

In this KBA, the URL for this note is linked to the wrong note. It's linked to 1033361

1033661 - Factors affecting maximum print size in Adobe Forms

Thomas

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
It was a type, I will fix this in the next udpate to the KBA.

Thank you,
Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Important note:

2356352 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2016 Announcement

Kind regards,
Graziela

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Graziela,

We have an issue printing HR_F_W2_MULT_SS (pdf) which is the legal 8.5x14 paper. The forms print okay from spool when selecting direct print option using local network printer defined on the PC. When printing from SAP (SAP defined printer), the form is printing without any boxes or borders. At first we got an error saying that device does not support G_RAW so we installed G_RAW as per Note 2137984. The error is gone but the form is printing without any boxes so formatting is lost somehow when sending to SAP printer.

We have no issue printing HR_F_W2_MULT_11 which is the smaller 8x11 form. Has anyone experienced what I am describing? I appreciate any thoughts and inputs from the community.

Thanks.

Thomas

To add to the above, Tax form field SSBI switch is not set to X (which I think is for background printing), I am assuming this is the switch to alternate between blank paper and pre-printed paper as well.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Could you check if you have the following customizing?

1) The form HR_F_W2_MULT_SS must be defined in 'Define original tax forms' in Tax Form Definition;

2) The form HR_F_W2_MULT_SS  should have proper range of 'Start' & 'End' Dates;

3) The formHR_F_W2_MULT_SS should be shown as 'Active' PDF form in SFP;

4) Configured Tax Form Field 'SSBI' with 'X' in description to use Blank SS.

Kind regards,
Graziela

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Thank you for your reply. The forms work now but I do need to add that SSBI form field needed a description of 'SSBI' and not 'X' so may be the note should be updated because that's the value that the tax manager print program is expecting.

We have a slightly different issue now, when we print to our Production Printer that uses QDirect, all the margins and some numbers (like SSN) are falling outside the perforated lines. All other printers are okay. Have you heard of any issues with QDirect managed printers and W2 forms?

Regards,

Thomas

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

All the printers used to Tax Reporter must be POST2 script, otherwise this can cause some alignment issues.

Thank you,
Graziela

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, our printers use PCL, not PostScript so I can see why alignment issues exist. I guess I'll just create a z-version of hr_f_w2_mult_ss and realign the form which will be the quickest way to resolve this at this point.

Thanks,

Thomas

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

FYI, reporting a new Year end Support pack related issue we just discovered in testing. This issue is causing payroll to error out with the following message:

The cause was OSS note #2279896 contained in Support pack 101 (for those on 604):

Fix is contained in OSS note #2319161. We tested the note and it did fix the problem:

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Upcoming ASUG HCM Webcasts

Topic
: SAP US Payroll and Tax Reporting Year End Update, 2016
Date: Thursday, Oct 27th 2016

Time: 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT

Go to:

service.sap.com/hrusa to find out the registration link.

Thank you,
Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Some information about the OH box 20 is available on:
service.sap.com/hrusa

We are aware of the change that Ohio Department of Taxation (ODT) is asking for in Box 20 of Form W-2 (
http://www.tax.ohio.gov/Portals/0/employer_withholding/General%20Guidelines/W2PostcardtoVendors.pdf). ODT is asking to add 4 digit number (we already print) to clearly distinguish between city and School district names. We checked with ODT, since they do not explicitly mention that School District Name is mandated to be printed along with School District Number, and we have confirmation from them saying that “As long as we can easily distinguish it as School District, either SD1234 or SD 1234 will be fine“. So, we are fine for now, unless ODT makes further changes. If there are any new changes, we will deliver them where applicable during Year End phases and the Notes will be announced on the Year End Page.

Kind regards,

Graziela

evelyn_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone applied BSI cyclic M yet?.  I see that there is an issue if you are up to Tub 87.  We are in the process of applying cyclic L, does this mean we should first go up to Tub 87 and then apply cyclic M?  any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million.

Evelyn Campos

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evelyn,

We are at TUB 86 and Cyclic 'M' has been applied.

We've applied 83,84 along with cyclic 'L' and 85,86 with Cyclic 'M'.

Thanks

Madhav

evelyn_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Evelyn

Manikak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Year End 2016 page is up! 

• 2016 Year End letter has been published and is full of information regarding delivery schedule, training schedule as well as other important info pertaining to Year End 2016.

• SAP One Support Launchpad (https://launchpad.support.sap.com) is the recommended way to search for Notes. The following apps are available to you on the Launchpad:

1. Announcement of Legal Change : Overview of upcoming legal changes (with planned release date and related SAP Notes if available)  .

We have released the ALC note as well with same info as in Year End letter.

2. Legal Change Notes: Relevant SAP Legal Change Notes show up at a glance

3. Notes & Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs): Search by entering the number of search terms

Please review Year End page on https://service.sap.com/hrusa then click Year End 2016.

Best Regards,

Mani Kak

luisviegas
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela.

Where can the "Tax Reporter User Guide" be found? If the 2016 version is not yet available, where can I find the 2015 version?

Many thanks

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

This is available under Year End Materials:
Expand all itens

U.S Tax Reporting Guider Year End 2014

Kind regards,
Graziela

Manikak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As of 2014, the US Tax Reporter user Guide contains only Year End specific information. So the Year End guide 2014 will only have enhancements/developement for Year End 2014. 2014 Year End guide is not visible to users.

For Informationon on the functionality that is not year end 2016 specifc, please refer to the documentation available on SAP help portal

All information from Tax Reporter guide is availbale in the SAP help portal.

Best Regards,

Mani

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

Notating a possible Year end support pack issue that has been discussed in the BSI Tax Factory 10 thread:

1,226: Andrew Taylor  Aug 3, 2016 8:36 PM  (in response to Alicia Robinson)  RE 1223 / 1224 I do not have a 100% certainty, but I am thinking the issue was caused with OSS note 2313491 because it set up the special reciprocity for MO / IL and it was after we applied the note that the reciprocity issue seemed to surface.  I mentioned that in my incident to SAP but do not have a positive or negative response as yet.  This note affected the IT0234 and IT0210, but it is only my suspicion.  Please see if your friend that is not having the issue has applied this note, if they have not then that further supports my suspicion.  If they have applied it and have no issue, then my theory is sunk.  Either way it would be nice to know. Andrew Taylor

Original issue notation: 1,217: Anna Stevenson  Aug 3, 2016 5:26 PM  (in response to Cherylnita Cone) Hello, CheryInita and Andrew - We are also experiencing reciprocity/courtesy withholding issues but with different state work/res combos like KY-IL, KY-IN, PA-NJ, VA-WV, and WV-MD.  I submitted an SAP incident (high) and they have been slow to respond.  We had applied all the BSI updates and we ran a baseline comparison that looked good.  Then we applied SAP legal change notes and then started having the issues.  We have applied a few side effect notes since then but still no resolution to the issue.  We have tried adding IT0234 with certificate of non-residence but this has no effect.  I have tried different settings on T5UTRC and T5UX9 with little change in how taxes are calculated. It seems that SAP is not "watching" this thread any more.  Not sure what happened to Graziela Dondoni. Please let us know if you get a response back from SAP! Thanks, Anna

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will check the BSI thread and reply to it.

Kind regards,
Graziela

alicia_robinson
Participant
0 Kudos

Graziela -

Will there also be a page added on the marketplace this year?  I looked yesterday but didn't find anything.

Thanks

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alicia,

Yes, this is planned to be delivered by the End of August.

Regards,
Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alicia,

The Year End 2016 page is available now.
You can check on:

service.sap.com/hrusa

Kind regards,
Graziela