cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Videos in a Group from a normal User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

we have create a Group in our Jam System. The Group hast the Collaboration Level "Full" so that mens that all the Users can Upload Content to the Group.

The Problem is: The User can upload Content except Videos. and me as a Group admin can do this.

The user is just able to upload Videos in the Company Feed. 

could someone has the same Problem or know how i can solve the Problem.

best regards

Khalil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ingo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

happy to help, but I think we need some additional inofmration, e.g. which UI frond-end does the user use to upload the video? Web UI, Jam mobile, or BizX mobile app?

When you say, the user can't upload the video to a group ... What's the user flow (and error message) that the user is seeing, e.g. did the user try to upload an mp4 file from the content area in the group? Did the user get an error message there?

Thanks in advance for elaborating,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thx for your reply.

The user tried to  load Video from the Web UI (is there a difference ?).

Yes he tried to upload the Video just from the Content area in the Group. and he becomes the Error message  (sry the error message is in german an it mean that the user don´t have the right  to upload a Video):

The user is able to upload a Video in the Company area, but not in a Content area in the goup.

and the Video was a mp4 file.

best regards

Khalil

Ingo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

thanks for the additional information. Based on this, I could only think of one additional setting you might want to check: Also in the group settings -> participation level, there is a setting "upload policy" which is either set to group admins only or all users ... Is this group setting maybe set to group admins only?

If also this setting is set to all users, then everything should be fine from a configuration perspective and I would suggest to reach out to SAP support for further analysis and resolution,

Hope this helps,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Yes it was just for Groups admin allowed to upload document. i thought that as Long as i select the "full" upload policy, it will be enought für the User to load Content.

Thank you very much

Khalil