Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Dropdown list - Appraisals

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we implement value type badi to get the dynamic values in the drop down list ,my requirement is to configure value list that should be listed in a drop down , though free enhancement  offers the same functionality we are looking the values in a dropdown list.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucylan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

You are talking about the value list in the appraisal document, right?

If my understanding is correct, the BAdI HRHAP00_VALUE_TYPE can be used to define your own Value List.

However, I am not sure what 'dynamic' actually means here in your case. Are you expecting a dynamic value list that changes according to some selected value in other dropdown list?

If this is what you expect as 'dynamic dropdown list' for Value List, it has to be pointed out that it is not
possible to change a value list during runtime.

Best regards.
Lucy

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lucy,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes,Value list BAdI HRHAP00_VALUE_TYPE can be used to meet my requirement  .

Dynamic Value list- what i meant is based on employee country grouping different value list should be displayed in the F4 list.

Ex: Emp 1- Country Group A- F4 List should display all the org units under country group A ( we have a logic to derive org units)

Emp 2- Country Group B- F4 List should display all the org units under country group B

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The Dynamic drop down which your expecting is not possible. I also faces the same problem in my recent implementation and our technical team confirmed that this kind of dynamic behavior is not possible.

Workaround which I used by creating different element by assigning different value list. and using dynamic setting for Free Enhancement respective element get added based on some criteria.

eg- element 1 contains functional and behavioral are two values in drop down; based on selection child node should display some values in drop down...  created two separate elements for Functional and Behavioral and added in element 1 free enhancement. after clicking on + sign against element 1, system checks value of element 1 whether it is functional or behavioral and accordingly populates child element and that child elements has required set of values....hope you understand

Regards,

Jay

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the input. We are able to get the Dynamic list using Value type badi but we have one more requirement to add value which should be listed based on Selection A and B , currently we are exploring the same.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more requirement to add value which should be listed based on Selection A and B ??

please elaborate

lucylan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Nice day.

As for the expectation to have different value list based on country grouping, actually the simplest way is to have different appraisal templates defined respectively. What do you think?

Best regards.

Lucy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200388
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I believe your question may be answered in one of my document

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52956

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sounak , will check your document.

Regards

Kumar

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another way to achieve this could be

1. At the end of the function or routine where the drop down list is obtained for display, insert code to modify the list, based on the requirements.  I'd say ABAP Enhancement would be suitable for this type of change (it can be at the start or the end of a routine or function).   The code can replace the list obntained by the function or the routine.

2. Availablity of badi', bapi, or user function exit depends on which program module you are referring to here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, You can configure value list in master list and that can be mapped to column field.

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know how to configure Master list, do we need to create a ztable to store the dropdown values or we can extract directly from the sap table.

My requirement is to show org units in the dropdown list.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, configure master list in below IMG node.

Map that value type to column in appraisal doc.