cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS - Disparate Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I had a question on how SAP TDMS solution works for banks where they have desperate systems like oracle 10g or 11g, and some SAP systems. I am looking at moving the data from a Production environment to a Non Prod environments for testing needs. The customer plans to implement a complete SAP application at the end. I understand that there is a SAP Basis team that does these implementations, but can you please share how this is done in conjunction with other data bases like Oracle /DB2 etc. if these are present in the environment.

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

TDMS can be used to migrate data from SAP Production system to a SAP Non - Production environment i.e. to Quality/Development environments. Both Source and Target should be SAP ABAP systems. If you are looking to migrate data from DB to DB for Non-SAP systems, TDMS may not be the correct choice. Alternatively if you are trying to migrate data from Non - SAP system to SAP system as part of new Implementation, then you may have to look for LT (Landscape Transformation). 

PS: My apologies if the assumptions are not correct!

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prasath.  That helped immensely!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

Our customer had a follow-up question.  Can you provide any guidance here as to whether this is possible?  Thank you!

"

Just wanted to touch base with you If there is a solution that is available for a green field implementation of SAP for a customer who is looking at implementation of SAP. They have a CRM solution that they would like to migrate to SAP. They are in the process of implementation of a Banking solution and license themselves as a Bank. They have reached out to us for test data management services.

My understanding is for any part for example CRM solution we will be able to use SAP TDMS to migrate the core customers that they are looking for. This includes provisioning of scrambled master and transaction data for CRM.

Assuming that customers and account details are generated based on this information there should be test team that should initially generate data through the application and there is scope to implement this through automation for subsequent phases of testing.

I wanted to check is there any solution or a better way that is currently present that can be used to generate this data?"

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

To use TDMS, the source and Target systems should be CRM ABAP systems. As far as I know, the portfolios within TDMS does not have requirements for migrating data between Non SAP and SAP systems in both RFC based or File Transfer modes. Now to convert the data from Legacy to SAP Systems you can check this link given above.

TDMS can be certainly used to Scramble the sensitive data provided the Test CRM system is in SAP Environment and data is copied from Production.

Now for the Testing part, Test data provisioning comes under Test Data Management and TDMS is purely a data migration tool. It cannot support provisioning data. You may have to check for Test data management Tools like Informatica etc.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Prasath