cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about SAP Tables Logging (rec/client parameter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I´m facing a different situation that I really need your help!

Our auditing team asked our direction about disabled table logging on SAP ECC System.

According them, this is really needed to get information about some transactions or process considered as critical.

For example: How can I know who opened the client at SCC4 during last year, without logging T000 table? The SSC4 only shows the last change.

Or, what the operation was done in some financial tables/view without loggin OB08 tables?

They made a lot of questions like this.

So, we started to log the production client after this. But, the log table became a monster, growing more than 50GB per month!!!

Of course, this occurs because ECC has more than 35.000 tables maked to log (on Technical Settings at SE11).

But, I really don´t need to log all of them.

So, the big question is:

Anybody knows about other method or other way to do this?

Something like these options:

- How to deselect all tables previously marked to log? Is there any way to do a mass change?

- After this, how to select only the tables really needed?

- Is there any other standard way to do this, instead of rec/client parameter?

I really need solve this! Please, do you know how? Could you help me?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Carlos Nogueira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

First of all I would say that logging a lot of tables can be system overhead and impact general performance. Be careful how much logging you do in the system as it also can lead to DB size impact. Please check the parameter rec/client in the system profile is set correctly.setting the flag on its own does not cause the table changes to be logged. The values of profile parameter "rec/client" can be explained as follows: - OFF: No logs are generally kept - nnn: Logs are kept for client-specific tables for client nnn - nnn, mmm: Logs are kept for the clients specified (maximum of 10) - ALL: Logs are kept for all clients Please make sure that the values for rec/client are the same on all servers of a system. Only then logging will work correctly. For more information please refer note 1916 -"Logging table changes in R/3". Other T code for searching history of user´s logon are- STAD ,ST03N and SM19/20 You can view existing logs by using the Transaction Table History (SCU3). There are two different categories of tables: 1. Client-specific tables - Client-specific tables contain data that are only used for one client, like e.g. the user logon data in USR02 and USR41. 2. Cross-client or client-independent tables - Cross-client tables contain data that are valid for all clients of the system, like e.g. the table T000. Table changes are not logged per default. The corresponding setting needs to be activated for the selected clients. The activation is realized through the system parameter rec/client. This parameter can have the following entries: OFF =  with this the logging is deactivated. All = with this the logging is activated for all clients of the system. , (#) = the clients with the number that are entered here will be logged. This parameter only covers the table changes that result from changes within the system directly. Please check below link for the procedure to set rec/client - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4d/b6a5fa36311dcee10000000a42189c/content.htm Kind Regards, Karl