cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable sap cloud-for-analytics for data acquistion from on-premise BPC NW

0 Kudos

our business scenario: set up BO Cloud (further: BOC) connection to SAP BPC NW. We have followed the blog of Harjeet (which is straightforward):

http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-for-analytics/blog/2016/05/11/enable-sap-cloud-for-analytics-for-...

Since our purpose is to only connect SAP BPC, we only need to install/setup HANA Cloud Connector (HCC) which we have succesfully done:

Next step, we set up the access control in HCC to provide mapping virtual to internal system: 

In the last step, when trying to setup the SAP BPC connection in BOC, we are getting the following error message: Does anybody have an idea what could cause this error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

Can you check the HCC setup? Under System > Administration menu

SAP BusinessObjects Cloud agent connection tab ?

0 Kudos

Hi John,

This is what we have in the BOC Agent parameters:

I have to say we haven't properly configured BOC agent since Hanjeed's blog is stating that the BOC agent is not required for SAP BPC NW connection. The parameters that you see are for test purposes (and we cannot delete them), but question is if we actually need to configure BOC agent in our scenario?

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

Yes sorry you are correct, you do not need the BOC agent connection for a BPC NW connection.

Did you follow the steps here:

https://cp.hana.ondemand.com/dps/d/preview/1949b084ea3343df9e83923e906b7a03/release/en-US/frameset.h...

For SAP BPC NW
:

• Virtual and Internal host = <Host name of a BPC NW>
  • Virtual and Internal port = <Port of a BPC NW>
  • URL path = /sap/bpc
  • Access policy = Path and all sub-paths

0 Kudos

Dear John,

We followed the steps in the URL you indicate above, except in procedure, step 5 until step 13 seem to be related to the BO Cloud Agent: these steps we did not perform (am not able to do so since I did not configure Apache Tomcat).

So, we have only performed mapping to virtual system from step 15, specifically for SAP BPC NW (the params that you refer to).

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

I noticed your back-end type is "ABAP system".

In step 3 it says this: In the Back-end Type list, select Other SAP System.

Can you try re-creating it with back-end type of "Other SAP System"

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Tried it with option "other SAP system", no impact.
Also tried to configure with different parameters (e.g. use 'kerberos' as principal type, use same host and port for both internal/virtual,...) and no impact.

Based on KBA 2331769 I have opened an incident with SAP support. If a resolution is reached, I'll update this discussion with the provided solution.

Thank you very much for your participation in the topic

former_member381836
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Wim,

I'd really appreciate if you keep this post updated as we are faced the same problem when trying to connect BOC with BPC on Hana.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear Nidia,

I will. Still working on it...

0 Kudos

we have succeeded in setting up the connection from BO Cloud with SAP BPC 10.x.

if you have verified that your SAP HANA Cloud Connector is correctly set up, the resolution will be  on SAP BO Cloud side: as you can read in SAP note KB2331769 the behavior is known and one has to create an incident so that SAP verifies the configuration from the CLOUD side.

hope this information is helpful

former_member381836
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Wim! We created an incident and SAP team helped us with the config.

Regards,

Answers (0)