cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack Upgradation Cleanup Table PSAPSR3701XX and PSAPSR3701X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I upgraded sp level successfully with oracle 11.0.4 and EHP6 using sum tool 1.0  sp 17

Issue is while upgradation SUM create PSAPSR3701XX table because PSAPSR3701X already in SAP.

And It's used 120 GB for PSAPSR3701X and 80GB PSAPSR3701XX for Shadow Instance

How to release space from above 2 table or how to drop this table and if I drop this table whether it will impact on SAP system

Please guide how to do this ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to move the contents (tables, indexes) from upgrade table spaces to another table space. Then you can drop them. 80 GB is the table space allocation on the disk, but actual data will be less. Hope this will help you. I suggest NOT to drop any tables or indexes instead move them to the another table space.

Query to check the contents of upgrade tablespace:

SQL> select owner, table_name from dba_tables where tablespace_name="<tablespacename_upgrade>";

SQL> select owner, index_name from dba_indexes where tablespace_name="<tablespacename_upgrade>";

Query for moving the all contents reported above to target tablespace:

SQL> alter table “<owner>”.”<table_name>” move tablespace “<tablespace_name_target>”;

SQL> alter index “<owner>”.”<index_name>” rebuild tablespace “<tablespace_name_target>”;

Execute both "select" queries above to check the move (result should be "no rows selected")

Now you can drop the upgrade tablespace using BRTOOLS. As you are only moving the tables and indexes to another table space, so this will be safe and no impact on your SAP system.

Regards,

Ganesan

Message was edited by: K GANESAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganeshan/Prithvi,

Both answer helpful  for me

I followed KBA  2211218 - DDMTF_SAV, DDMTT_SAV, DDMTF_ISU, DDMTT_ISU, DDXTT_MIG or UPGCOLLPATTERN tables remain in t...

And My problem solved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

Thanks sharing the detail

I went through as per above note and found another note  1715052 - Tablespace cannot be deleted after upgrade    

And taking output as per command

select table_name from dba_tables where tablespace_name='PSAPSR3701X';

TABLE_NAME

------------------------------

TTREE_FLNK

TTREEI

TTREE_APPL

TTREED

SCI_DD28S

TTREE

TTREEP

TTREET

TTREEN

9 rows selected.

select index_name from dba_indexes where tablespace_name='PSAPSR3701X';

INDEX_NAME

------------------------------

TTREE_FLNK^0

TTREEI^0

TTREEI^NOD

TTREE_APPL^0

TTREE_APPL^PAR

TTREEN^0

TTREED^0

SCI_DD28S~0

8 rows selected.

But There is 2 challenge for me

1)  I Upgraded SP in 2014 then PSAPSR3701X table created now again i upgraded sp then PSAPSR3701XX so can I drop table PSAPSR3701X  or not as per above output or it will impact our sap system.

Because both table space used near about 200 GB

2) Need help before dropping this table what pre-requiste I need to check or give me some step step guide.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Santosh