SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment plan charge amount - FPR1

mitesh_sureliya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We wanted to create an installment plan where charge amount should be distributed to all installments and accordingly it should be booked as income while receiving payment against it. Please find following example for the same.

1) Created 12 installment plans of INR 3600 with charge amount INR 192.

2) INR 316 (3600/12 = 300 & 192/12 = 16) of installment created with 12 different due dates.

3) Received payment against 1st installment of INR 316

4) After transferring recon key to FI, INR 192 of charge amount got credited to income GL.

5) Our requirement is to credit only INR 16 of charge amount to credit to income GL out of INR 192.

Please guide to do the needful.

Regards,

Mitesh Sureliya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

In a nutshell, you want to get the GL updated on a cash basis rather than on an accrued basis.

I guess, you are posting the IP charges statistically, using main/sub combination 0080/0020.

For Every stat. posting, you need to configure a real non-statistical charges, so when the payment comes and clears the Statistical charges, it would actually clear the non-statistical charge in the background.

You need to configure this in posting area 1010 against the Stat. key G.

As per Standard SAP, 0080/0030 is the main sub combination that you need to configure in 1010 against 0080/0020 combination and configure the GL A/c against 0080/0030.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

In a nutshell, you want to get the GL updated on a cash basis rather than on an accrued basis.

I guess, you are posting the IP charges statistically, using main/sub combination 0080/0020.

For Every stat. posting, you need to configure a real non-statistical charges, so when the payment comes and clears the Statistical charges, it would actually clear the non-statistical charge in the background.

You need to configure this in posting area 1010 against the Stat. key G.

As per Standard SAP, 0080/0030 is the main sub combination that you need to configure in 1010 against 0080/0020 combination and configure the GL A/c against 0080/0030.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thank you very much for prompt reply but we have already configured the same in posting area 1010 and also maintained GL in posting area R001 against 0080/0030 but still unable to get the expected result.

Surprisingly we are able to do this in ECC DEV 100 (sand box) client but not able to do it in ECC DEV 400.

Waiting for your expert opinion on this.

Regards,

Mitesh Sureliya.

0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

Can you check if you have configured posting area 0050 in your Sandbox Client and not in Dev. client.

For all statistical transactions that you have configured the real transaction in 1010, then you have to maintain the GL account for the real transaction in Posting area 0050 (Revenue from Charges/Interest for Clrg Stat. Receivable) If statistical line item cleared as per the above configuration it will posted to the real GL as assigned in 0050

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks again.

I have checked and found the same configuration in both the clients for posting area 0050 which is as mentioned below.

Company Code: 1000

Main: 0080

Sub: 0020

Division: " " (Blank)

Acct Detr: 02

GL: XXXXXXXX

Regards,

Mitesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

In Posting area 0050, main /sub combination of 0080/0030 needs to be maintained and not 0080/0020.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I am a bit confused. I am seeing through FQZB and posting area 0050 only gives you option to enter company code and GL account and account assignments. There is no place for main/sub entry in posting area 0050. When GL is entered here it will be used for posting into main/sub 0080/0020 (since it is revenue from charges for clrg stat. receivable).

And I think we need to enter an entry in EK02 for main/sub 0080/0030 since it is an internal real receivable.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Saptarshi

0 Kudos

Saptarshi,

Once you are in posting area 0050, in the menu; Go to-->Select Keys

You will be able to find out the main tr/sub tr/ Div/AD ID

On your second query, we are maintaining the Stat vis-a-vis the Real main/sub combination in posting area 1010.And for every real main/sub combination entry in 1010, you have to maintain posting area 0050 with the GL A/c that gets assigned against the Stat. main/sub combination.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

We have maintained 0080/0030 in posting area 0050 but still system is posting full charge amount to income account instead of posting in line with actual installment amount.

Regards,

Mitesh Sureliya.

0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

Can you share the relevant screenshots of Posting area 1010,0050 and EK02, along with relevant transaction data

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Just now we have identified the solution for the same, it was due to different configuration at following node in SPRO in different clients.

Financial Accounting

> Contract Accounting or Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

> Basic Functions

> Open Item Management

> Clearing Control

> Clearing Variants

> Define Clearing Variants

We set clearing rule 1 for installment plan 20R clearing variant.

Rest all configurations were OK.

Thank you so much again for your inputs.

Regards,

Mitesh Sureliya.